NGD Freidman

• Thread starter Rich5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Neither does my wife. But she does not come in here to post about it?

Lol I actually tried explaining the guitar to mine, her 1st response when I showed it to her was it’s not a PRS. Then explaining that they all custom made and all unique, her response “so they all look like shit just different” LOL

I’m not the 1st to run out and buy a relic but I have no problem with them, I think it’s cool and as long as it plays great that’s all I care about.

ThunderMoose

Reaction score
I am curious about these Friedmans!
How does it compare to other stuff you have played?
What makes it special?

As to the relic thing. It looks so cool, but I get the argument that fake wear and tear is curious thing. I cannot really make a rational argument. And I am not sure if guitar fashion has conditioned me to like reliving, or I would like it anyhow.

Rich5150

Reaction score
I am curious about these Friedmans!
How does it compare to other stuff you have played?
What makes it special?

As to the relic thing. It looks so cool, but I get the argument that fake wear and tear is curious thing. I cannot really make a rational argument. And I am not sure if guitar fashion has conditioned me to like reliving, or I would like it anyhow.

I mainly play PRS, I don't tend to compare guitars as even among the same models I own they are different. the neck on the Friedman is quite chunky but it fills my hand nicely. Its nice and resonant and a bit more vintage sounding than even my 594. As far as special it fills a spot in my collection as a different voice and that's more what I look for now.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Pics of it under white light or the sun please? Would love to see more detail. Happy NGD.

Took a few shots today better light but it rained so only indoors.

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Congrats on your new guitar!
With all the opinions on guitars in general and relicing in particular, some of you guys seem to forget that playing guitar is about having fun! In this respect, the only important questions are: Is it a good instrument and does it inspire you to play. To me it sounds as though that Friedman of yours is a home run on both fronts - now go give that bad boy a few more battle scars!

Cheers

Eske