NGD: FSR/Limited Edition: Fender American Pro II HSS Stratocaster w/ Rosewood Neck

srob7001

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Beautiful! Happy NGD!

The thing that is really standing out to me....the engraved Fender logo on the headstock....that is taking it to another level. So nice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Oh damn.. When you think you've seen it all. Not what i expected from Fender, thats a nice guitar!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
That's a looker, congrats!!!
Thanks!
I see you have a Gibson LP Menace in your sig. Do you have that guitar? I have one of those myself. Don't see many of those around.

All-rosewood neck = hnnnnnggg
Yup, I had to clutch my chest when I saw it. Then I had to clutch my wallet and shed a few tears, lol.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Beautiful! Happy NGD!

The thing that is really standing out to me....the engraved Fender logo on the headstock....that is taking it to another level. So nice!

Thanks!
Yeah the engraved headstock logo is an awesome/unique touch and really sets it apart!

Oh damn.. When you think you've seen it all. Not what i expected from Fender, thats a nice guitar!

Thanks! Yeah, Fender is full of surprises.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Killer guitar! It's great to see a lot of love for the rosewood neck. Rosewood doesn't get nearly enough love around these parts compared to maple and ebony. HNGD

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I came close to buying an Am Pro I with a rosewood neck (but with Sherwood Green finish). Even had it shipped to my closest L&M. And I was super underwhelmed, didn't like the feeling of a Rosewood neck and didn't find the VMods particularly interesting... nothing that the Squier CV I already had couldn't do. I strongly dislike the narrow tall frets Fender puts in almost everything too nowadays. It was one of the best looking guitars I've seen, tho

Good to see yours was a keeper, though!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Killer guitar! It's great to see a lot of love for the rosewood neck. Rosewood doesn't get nearly enough love around these parts compared to maple and ebony. HNGD

Thanks!
Rosewood necks are especially great!

I came close to buying an Am Pro I with a rosewood neck (but with Sherwood Green finish). Even had it shipped to my closest L&M. And I was super underwhelmed, didn't like the feeling of a Rosewood neck and didn't find the VMods particularly interesting... nothing that the Squier CV I already had couldn't do. I strongly dislike the narrow tall frets Fender puts in almost everything too nowadays. It was one of the best looking guitars I've seen, tho

Good to see yours was a keeper, though!

Yes, I almost pulled the trigger on that one in 2019 myself! The one I played was great and it turned me back on to rosewood necks--even though I had played rosewood necks before on an EBMM which are different but great in their own right. Rosewood necks have a different feel so I can see some people not liking them.

Fret size usually doesn't bother me much at all so i'm lucky in that regard.

Squier's can be really great, that's for sure!

Thanks!!

Latest posts