Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Have I gone full Ricky, I can't put my finger on why this looks so different from the one on the PRS website; obviously EMGs, but it's the board dyed too? Doesn't seem like it'd be that much to make the whole thing seem darker.
If you mean the SE CE, that one is just stained. This one has a proper black finish coat but still goes for the open pore effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
DSC02926.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the frets on guitars like this actually useable? On my Ormsby I can fret the 29th, but even doing a little too much vibrato causes it to die out.

I've owned a couple of 36 fret GKGs, and the frets being really tight doesn't really hinder playing them, all your doing is pressing down where you want the string to stop, if that means you hold down a fret or two behind the one you want also means nothing.

In practice it was sort of like playing fretless, as in your precision and ear are important as if you're a little off so is the note.

Setup is important too, if your action and neck geometry aren't just right, like you say, you'll fret out pretty quickly as your range isn't as large when you might hit a higher fret.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Not something Id do but I feel like Eddie's would be aware if their hang style was damaging their stock.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
bad enough to cause finish cracks in the tuner screw holes you think?
With those little indexing screws maybe. A lot of tuners/guitars leave some clearance between the barrel of the tuner and the holes in the headstock, so except for the compression from the nut that goes on the face of the HS that little screw on the back is the only thing keeping it from resisting rotation. It's also sure to turn a button or two and screw up the tuning.

All that said, one time for a picture probably won't fuck up the guitar. I think it's probably very bad practice in general though.

NickK-UK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See I'm way more concerned about that big ugly brown streak down the center of the fretboard on a $5k+ guitar than how they're hanging it. IIRC they're only making 100 of these, they couldn't be bothered to sort and use good ebony on them?
I quite like that but I'm biased I suppose :D

tempImageT4m0Kp.png

I love that style of the musicman design, only concern is if you're jumping around that strap on that length horn is going to snap quite easily. I don't mind the paddle head stock either - which ever works. Eitherway, I love the curves on the MM designs.

Latest posts