NGD: Gibson Les Paul Classic

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
What's your take on the difference between the Gibby and the Eclipse? I've been really enjoying the feel of my 25.5" Schecter Jazz-7 (so much that I just bought another one!), and I'm tempted to have a go at a longer-scale Les Paul-style 7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
What's your take on the difference between the Gibby and the Eclipse? I've been really enjoying the feel of my 25.5" Schecter Jazz-7 (so much that I just bought another one!), and I'm tempted to have a go at a longer-scale Les Paul-style 7.

Not really a comparison at all, the Gibson eats the LTD. I'd expect an ESP Eclipse-7 to be more comparable.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I'm seeing them now and again on eBay, if you're not a strictly try-before-you-buy person.

I've actually never purchased a single guitar online. I'm fairly picky about guitars, and with how abysmal most of Gibson's QCing is...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I've actually never purchased a single guitar online. I'm fairly picky about guitars, and with how abysmal most of Gibson's QCing is...

Musician's Fiend has a 45-day return policy, so if I hated it, I'd only be out return shipping.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
So this thread got me all fired up, I decided that I deserve one of these. Got on the phone and found out that this IS available to order here, as of one week ago (coincedentally, it became available the week of my birthday). Extremely limited availability here, but nonetheless, good news. Thanks for the thread, probably wouldn't have checked back with the store about it had your thread not stoked the jealous fires :p

celticelk

Reaction score
So this thread got me all fired up, I decided that I deserve one of these. Got on the phone and found out that this IS available to order here, as of one week ago (coincedentally, it became available the week of my birthday). Extremely limited availability here, but nonetheless, good news. Thanks for the thread, probably wouldn't have checked back with the store about it had your thread not stoked the jealous fires :p

I look forward to your report on its doom-ability!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score

Always glad to help fuel someone's GAS. :D

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So we recorded with this yesterday, and while I can't say they're all like this - Gibson's QC is legendary in it's inconsistency - this guitar kicks ass, both from a playing and sound standpoint.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
So we recorded with this yesterday, and while I can't say they're all like this - Gibson's QC is legendary in it's inconsistency - this guitar kicks ass, both from a playing and sound standpoint.

Believe you me, I agonized over ordering for a few days for this exact reason. I've played some awful Gibson at the GC near my office. :lol: Musician's Fiend has a 45-day return policy, though, so I knew worst case scenario would be out $50 for return shipping.