NGD Got a second JP70

• Thread starter lukeshallperish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought a Sterling JP70 from GC and fell in love with it. Really the only complaint was the pickups (which really, for stock pickups, weren't that bad). So I was going to replace them, but I was looking at stuff on ebay and ran across someone selling a purple burst JP70 (the first one I got is stealth black) and it came loaded with a Bare Knuckle Black Hawk ceramic set. SCORE. Ordered it immediately. This thing came in the mail a couple days ago and I haven't stopped playing it.

The Black Hawks are an enormous improvement from the stock pups. All I needed to do was put some Gerlitz guitar honey on the board and swap on some Labella 10-64s, intonate it and I was good to go. Picture time!

Attachments

• JP 1.jpg
    JP 1.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 198

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Congrats! :yesway:

I sure love my JP70s.
only issue I have at the moment is the tuning stability of the trem. Have you noticed any issues with that?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Not especially. Once the strings settle in they seem to stay in tune pretty damn well. What kind of issues are you having?

I experience the guitar going out of tune when I pull the trem up after pushing it down or vice versa. If I only pull it up or only push it down tuning seems to stay ok, though.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
I experience the guitar going out of tune when I pull the trem up after pushing it down or vice versa. If I only pull it up or only push it down tuning seems to stay ok, though.

hmm, well, I honestly dont ever use the trem, and in fact I'm going to be installing Tremol-nos into both of my JPs soon. But I have heard before that sometimes strings will go out of tune from bends and then go back into tune if you push down on the trem. I have no idea why though.

vbvxnnczhuang

Banned
Reaction score
intonate it and I was good to go. Picture time!
hu10d.jpg

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Nice score! What's the neck like?

Incredibly thin and comfortable. It has a sanded/satin type finish on the back of the neck which makes it a breeze moving around too. Honestly, for the price these things are, I haven't found a better 7 string in its price range.

CassDarkwing

Reaction score
Dude....in reference to myself quoting you in one of my threads a minute ago...

YOU TOTALLY ARE the dude that bought my JP70 on ebay. Small world right!? I was just browsing on here and noticed your name on my NGD thread for this guitar and I remembered the name from ebay when you bought it...super small world. Happy to see you love the guitar! You got a wonderful deal on it. I only sold it because I was going to get a custom as soon as I finished USMC boot camp. I was a few days from shipping to boot camp when this guitar went out to you. Then right after that I got the call that I was moved. Still haven't left! If I remember correctly...

You owe me some sound clips. ;)

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
ok guys. this was something I did a while back with that JP. DONT MIND THE HORRIBLE GUITAR PRO DRUMS. i recorded this on garageband with my pod hd pro because im a poor college kid and thats what I have, dont judge me too hard. I also dont have a bass track on this and I didnt post eq much of anything.

https://soundcloud.com/luke-moran-8/bangarang

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
You dick! I was going to buy that one then it disappeared! lol HNGD dude, at least it went to a good home! :lol:

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score

Possibly the string is catching in some roughness or divet of the nut.

Try oiling it or taking a file/sandpaper and smoothing out the divet - this is of course if you find such a thing.

Also make sure the strings are sitting in the saddle right and not wiggling around when you move the trem.

Santuzzo

Reaction score