NGD: Hold the onions

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I like it.

Is it the photo angle or is there a bit more fret real estate on the treble side than the bass? That could be the "b stock" reason if so.
Ya, it’s just camera angle. The action is fairly high, so I’m sure that’s not helping out the camera angle thing.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
That thing is awesome.

That is the traditional shape. It was sort of like a mullet: normal dimensions on the bottom, Dinky dimensions on the top.

I thought Nuno had a Jackson where the top half was attacked with a belt sander to get to more of a Dinky shape.
every class needs a clown!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw it on SW, thought it was kinda' dumb, saw that the Kramer logo is in ketchup and... entirely changed my mind, think it's cool, no idea why.

Happy NGD!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Saw it on SW, thought it was kinda' dumb, saw that the Kramer logo is in ketchup and... entirely changed my mind, think it's cool, no idea why.

Happy NGD!
Yeah, honestly if someone told me about it I'd have been like, "hard pass." But when I saw it, I loved it. I'm probably reading waaaaay too much into this, but I am aware it started as a joke, and then they decided to do it, and make a run of them. And I like that there are people in this world who take themselves so lightly they will sit around a boardroom table and design a guitar with hotdogs on it, and bank on there being people who will spend a thousand dollars on them. I want my job to be like that. And I have not yet shown this to someone who hasn't smiled immediately upon seeing it. It could have failed, and suffered from "trying to hard." But it sits perfectly at "makes you smile."

Incidentally, It plays JUST like a regular shredder Kramer. I mean, it is, of course, but it's cool that I'm sitting here playing it like I would any other guitar. It's not like it's a joke at the expense of playability.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, honestly if someone told me about it I'd have been like, "hard pass." But when I saw it, I loved it. I'm probably reading waaaaay too much into this, but I am aware it started as a joke, and then they decided to do it, and make a run of them. And I like that there are people in this world who take themselves so lightly they will sit around a boardroom table and design a guitar with hotdogs on it, and bank on there being people who will spend a thousand dollars on them. I want my job to be like that. And I have not yet shown this to someone who hasn't smiled immediately upon seeing it. It could have failed, and suffered from "trying to hard." But it sits perfectly at "makes you smile."

Incidentally, It plays JUST like a regular shredder Kramer. I mean, it is, of course, but it's cool that I'm sitting here playing it like I would any other guitar. It's not like it's a joke at the expense of playability.
It also currently has the status that you can uniquely refer to it with a description such as "the hot dog guitar". Aren't too many guitars like that. ("Pointly guitar"? Nope. "Red guitar"? Nope.)

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
“Yeah I own a Frankenstein”
I think that picks out several instances, not a unique guitar. You could say "Jimi's white guitar", but that's working more like a proper name, not a description.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That would be a super cool gigging guitar. I was tempted as well, but I already have enough guitars.