NGD Huf 7-string

• Thread starter asphyx123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asphyx123

LRRG
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this happy day (for me) with some of you guys. After enjoying Patrick's entertaining photo documentation of the building process my new 7-string is now finished and was shipped (well actually I Picked it up from the delivery service as they don't deliver on saturdays - the delivery service depot is like an hour drive from my home so I didn't bother picking it up there). The building process was really informative and I was getting updates like every other day or so.

I ordered the guitar on, I think, October 9 and received it now on November 14, which I consider insanely fast for a custom made guitar. The guitar is a real gorgeous piece of art, as can be seen on the photos, some content for this beauty was shown before but it was moved to the builders thread. I was really glad that I had listened to Patrick's suggestions. At first I was a bit hesitant to try a flat finger board and it felt a bit strange at first compared to my other guitars. But I seem to get used to it real fast. Played like 2 hours on it so far and it's feeling more comfortable like every minute.

The pickups are (for my ears) really powerful. Patrick mentioned once they were not as powerful as some of the other pickups he uses, which was basically my wish, as I don't want to play extra heavy stuff exclusively. But actually the bridge pickup has more punch than any other pickup I have in my other guitars.

The guitar is really light and has a quite thin body for a 7 string, which was important for me as I was sick of that heavy Damien 7 fr which caused quite some pain in my back in the past. The cutaway is huge and the access to the higher frets is perfect for my relatively small hands.

So here are a couple of pictures from the unpackaging ceremony. The packaging was perfect and it actually took quite some time to remove all the packaging material.

L1000622.jpg

L1000631.jpg

Git-ausp.jpg

Photo274.jpg

That's it for now. Maybe I'll post some more info lateron but for now there's more important things to do......... :shred: :shred: :shred: :hbang:

One more word to the Hufmaster: :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maximummetal288

Reaction score
Wow, those guitars are such a work of art! I love those dark wood finishes that look like a real elegant piece of furniture.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Damn dude NICE! Every time I look at a NHGD (New Hufschmid Guitar Day) I'm always even more surprised with his work! Can't wait until the day I'll own one :)

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
VIDEO!!!!!!!

Huf is proably the most consistantly excellent luthier ive come across on the boards, really treats each guitar as his baby \m/

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Damn. I didn't install my Blackdroïd random compliment generator on this machine, so I'll have to do it by hand. :lol:

It's yet another fantastic guitar, as usual coming from Patrick. :hbang:

Enjoy the new guitar, mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.