NGD: I’ve already upset a Fender purist!

• Thread starter BMO
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Yo! The Jazzmaster I posted about the other day has arrived, and in essentially untouched condition! I could not be happier wih how it feels in my hands! But, I’m gonna leave it in the case to adjust to my room over the weekend while I’m out in Salem and use a cobalt 58 set to tune her to drop B, as is custom! I’ve dreamt of owning one since I was a kid in highschool so this is a guitar I’m keeping for life! As is usual, my images are too large so i’ll link to the album! Also side note, I sent a picture of this to a friend who plays shoegaze and he got visibly angry at the sight of it hahaha!

https://i.imgur.com/SIH3LOS.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
Dude HNGD! Love the JM Jazzmasters! Let us know how she plays!:cheers::deathm:

Reactions: BMO

Demiurge

Reaction score
Nice guitar.

Enjoy Salem, too. You're a brave soul for going there so close to Halloween, with all the traffic & people.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Nice guitar.

Enjoy Salem, too. You're a brave soul for going there so close to Halloween, with all the traffic & people.

Thanks and Salem in October is great! Traffic ain’t too bad either if you have a GPS. I’m also goth so finding alternative communities in MA outside Salem is next to impossible hahaha! We all flock here!

Demiurge

Reaction score
^I took my trip the first weekend of the month and it was crazy then. Good times, though.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
I absolutely love when classic shapes are transformed into clean, understated metal guitars. Hngd!

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Based purely on the thread title alone, I was expecting something like a 3 pickup Tele with a bridge humbucker :lol:
The Jim Root is the only Jazzmaster I'd even buy. I know that would get me burned at the stake among Jazzmaster purists, but I DO NOT like the JM bridge at all. In the same camp as a Bigsby to me, just a bridge I wouldn't want within a mile of my guitars.
I'd rather have the 2 point American bridge on some Strats on a JM if I had a choice other than the Fender hardtail like on the Root, but I guess I like modern functionality and a modicum of decent tuning stability over "vintage correct" :D

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
Based purely on the thread title alone, I was expecting something like a 3 pickup Tele with a bridge humbucker :lol:
The Jim Root is the only Jazzmaster I'd even buy. I know that would get me burned at the stake among Jazzmaster purists, but I DO NOT like the JM bridge at all. In the same camp as a Bigsby to me, just a bridge I wouldn't want within a mile of my guitars.
I'd rather have the 2 point American bridge on some Strats on a JM if I had a choice other than the Fender hardtail like on the Root, but I guess I like modern functionality and a modicum of decent tuning stability over "vintage correct" :D
you do realize that Mastery bridges exist, right?

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Sweet guitar. Enjoy Salem I was there first weekend of the month came down from Ontario for some Salem and Boston action weather was perfect and damn it was hectic even then.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Sweet guitar. Enjoy Salem I was there first weekend of the month came down from Ontario for some Salem and Boston action weather was perfect and damn it was hectic even then.

Thanks it's a sweet guitar from the sweet people at Sweetwater!

It's pretty hectic right now, enough so that going to Boston today I decided to hit the train instead of drive!

Very! I'm excited to be able to put her through her paces either tonight or tomorrow!

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Had one of those right when they came out; great guitars man, HNGD!

That vol location was soooo choice ( Bueller?) for roll offs.

Thanks! It’s funny it seems I’ve bought a bunch of guitars you’ve had before hahaha! I still have my RGIB6 and plan on having it plek’d soon!

Or do the John 5 triple humbucker tele and load it with emgs hahaha! Nah, my buddy HATES active pickups with a passion, hates the idea of a mahogany jazzmaster and despises guitars without tone knobs. For me, I like a metal guitar with a touch of class, actives, and one volume. This ticks every box I wanted. When it comes to bridges though I’m either simple hardtail in the sense of a TOM or just a standard bridge like this Jazzmaster, or I like the concepts Mick Thomson has created with a locking bridge that’s been hardtailed and doesnt take chunks of wood out of the guitar.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Nice man! I miss my RG, those are great guitars too.

Oh for sure! Just nowadays my hands can’t accomodate a flat and thin neck like an Ibanez anymore. Makes my thumb hurt and then go numb. I find the Fender actually keeps my thumb in a comfy position now and it looks like Fender, Charvel and other companies with comfy C necks are gonna be my go to!