NGD: Ibanez DCM100!!!! (56K Break the Internet....)

• Thread starter Decipher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can honestly say, I'm one of the first (consumer) to get one of these and post it online??!?!?! Regardless, here's the pr0n:

Disclaimer: photos are all done with my iPhone 4S.
The first photo I took @ my office as soon as I picked it up (during my lunch break haha). It kinda shows that the light really does determine the color. The florescent lights really made it appear darker where as the halogens @ home brought out that rich maroon color.... The color is soooooooo nice in person. The feel/build overall is what I come to expect and love from Ibanez. Plays amazing well, solid and sounds MONSTROUS. The neck feels great, kinda more rounded profile compared to my K-7. Satin finish. Just love, love, LOVE this guitar.

The most important thing I wanna address is the Seymour Duncan Retribution pickup in this thing..... It was pretty much what I was hoping for: a Blackout that is a bit more open sounding, not as high output as the AHB-1's I run in my other 4 guitars resulting in fantastic cleans that don't break up as easily.... lots of headroom! I fully intend on putting them in my other guitars as soon as they're available.

I ordered this thing back in June (I think...) through my local dealer (Long & McQuade). Really happy to finally have this in my hands. Dino and Fear Factory have been one of the most influential bands to me as I got into Metal and definitely as I learned the guitar. No joke, this guitar is what I would want custom if it were possible (aside from the volume knob placement). I'll likely order a replacement plate for the control cavity to preserve the signed one as well as this guitar is gonna be played..... A LOT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Love the reverse headstock and offset dots. And that is a really nice deep red.

DC23

Reaction score
Nice! Score one for those of us north of the border! :) Awesome that L&M delivered and it looks fantastic! HNGD!

Shredmon

Reaction score
Congrats Man! The dcm100 is just sooooo nice, one of the most desirable guitars at the moment, at least for me.
greets

Sebastian

Reaction score
Happy NGD!

Man, that looks awesome!

and further directions:
1.Take off truss rod cover
2.Put Foam behind the locking nut
3.Win at life :metal:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Congrats and happy NGD!

As a poor Euro dude, I have to wait for mine until after Dec 8th. I hope the fretboard on mine is gonna be a tad darker, but the finish is killer indeed. Love how it changes in different lighting.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words! I'll try to get some sounds up soon. Gotta head out of town today so probably won't be 'til the weekend.

Played it quite a bit last night and man does it ever feel like home. It's a fantastic sounding guitar and I'm really, really loving the Retribution pickup.

s4tch

Reaction score
OMG%20cat.gif

That finish, man... Awesome take on the legendary Vampire Kiss. Also, reverse headstock on an Ibby 7 that you can actually buy? Hell, yes. HNGD!