NGD: Ibanez PIA 3761 Onyx Black

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
The Pia looks great, in my opinion. I wish they'd do more swirled finishes on them instead reserving the swirls as very limited and very expensive special editions.

The neck on the Pia is supposed to be a hair thicker than the Jem, right? Do you notice any difference, or is it basically the same profile?
Yeah it is def a tiny bit thicker..I was checking it out the other day compared to an RG770DX (Original Wizard). I think Steve Vai alluded to maybe going back to the thinner Wizard profile a few years back which hasn't happened yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Nice, congrats and HNGD!! :)
I love my Sun Dew Gold Pia, it's pretty perfect in every way, except for the fact that I am overly careful while playing it cause I know it's a valuable instrument... though that is going away with time. Also got it signed by Steve on my birthday :)

The black one is probably my favorite color though. I love the white, but the black is just as good looking and I probably would not mind adding a chip or two on the finish.

I also love the UtoPia pickups. They're really meaty and have lots of sizzle, but clean up SUPER nicely. And for some reason they SING on leads, not sure what it is but I can get them sustaining with little decay for a long time, and sound super fluid. Just great all around pickups on this guitar. And yes, I love the way they look. :)
Thanks. Nice score on the Sun Dew Gold model and a great bonus having it signed by the man himself. Got any pics?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Nice score on the Sun Dew Gold model and a great bonus having it signed by the man himself. Got any pics?
Absolutely!
20240701_154726_compress10.jpg20240701_154832_compress24.jpg
Since getting it signed I got another backplate and put the signed one in storage. I don't have any plans to sell the guitar for the foreseeable future, but I'm surely not getting rid of the one Steve signed!

I also like this picture under direct sunset light. Shows off the finish nicely. Looks less green and more gold.
20240526_184938_compress17.jpg

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Absolutely!
View attachment 146073View attachment 146074
Since getting it signed I got another backplate and put the signed one in storage. I don't have any plans to sell the guitar for the foreseeable future, but I'm surely not getting rid of the one Steve signed!

I also like this picture under direct sunset light. Shows off the finish nicely. Looks less green and more gold.
View attachment 146075
Thanks for the pics. I can def see a bit more of the metallic finish on your pics. I'd love to see one in the flesh.