NGD!! Ibanez RG7 CST

• Thread starter Syndicated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syndicated

Stringman
Reaction score
what do you think of the Nailbomb/coldSweat combo in this guitar?
I grabbed that RG8527 that was on Ebay yesterday and I plan on yanking the EMgs that are in it and going back
to passives (Fretsonthenet.com has conversion pickup rings that will let you do this and still look good.)
I've got the nailbomb/Coldsweat combo in my Carvin 7 and I love it, but that is a very different guitar from these ibbys.

Oh you bought that beauty. I was drooling after it...

About the BKP's. I have not had a proper chance to play it through a good head and cabinet. I use Boss gt-8 at home (block of flats... cant play loud) so through that i can tell my opinnions.

First: I have been a Les Paul player for ages. The other guitar i use at the moment is a custom made (in finland) Les Paul with Gibson Burstbucker Pro pickups. They are very warm, lots of low end and the neck pickup is maby a bit too low end, because you can't play shit with the lowest strings and make it sound good with the neck pickup. The bridge pickup is very versatile (using the tone level...) and i find it one of the best pickups out there.

Now that i have played the Ibanez with the BKP's i found the sound a bit more crunchy and it separates the sounds great. Also these pickups don't pick so much noise when i take my hands off the strings.

The neck pickup is warm, with a very nice lead tone. I found it nice to play and also i can go to the seventh (the thickest) string and way back to frets 1,2,3 etc and still get a nice sound, what i can't find in my Les Paul.

But as said, i have not played the guitar through 5150 or Mesa etc...

Nikt owned this guitar for a quite long time, you should ask him about the pickups for more professional opinnion. He said to me he bought and chainged the pickups, so i guess he is the man to talk about this. All that i know is that this is the same pickup setup that Chris Broderick uses in his ibanez guitars.

777:
The guitar is in excellent shape, there is only a small dent in the back side of the body and one bigger dent next to the strap nut (back end of the body).

I love it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Max Dread

Reaction score
Have to agree with all here.....looks bloody great!

As an aside, on the very first picture it looks like the B is closer to the edge of the fretboard than the High E. Now that's not a criticism.....it's just that Ive noticed the exact same thing on my RG1077xl. I thought it was an issue and that the neck might need realigning. Now I'm not so sure.......

Sorry to go off topic nd many congrats!

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on getting what is probably the most desirable production 7.

:rofl: Yeah wouldn't be in your best interest! :D For the good of the 7-string community though.... :idea: Even something similar, maybe different finish or something. Just a high-level piezo-loaded Floyd production 7-string would be badass. :yesway:

How about a RG7CST DBK or even a S7CST DBK :D