NGD: Ibanez RGR5521 Prestige

• Thread starter DarthV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarthV

Reaction score
Thought I'd be waiting until 2023 before seeing any Prestiges make it into Canada, lucked out and found one in stock at Acclaim!

Still using the stock strings and only had 30mins to try it out. First thing I noticed is how thin the neck feels compared to 2005-2010 era Prestige necks. Also really like the feel of the bridge compared to the one in my RGA121, bonus is you can easily adjust individual string heights and easy intonation.

Some quick photos I took:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Nice! That looks killer. I was looking at one of these myself recently but opted for something else in the end.

PS. You owe us some shots of the back!

Matt08642

Reaction score
That Gibraltar II bridge is so comfy, have it on my 752FX too. Also really dig the offset dots on yours!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Nice! That looks killer. I was looking at one of these myself recently but opted for something else in the end.

Boggles my frickin mind with the amount of people, mostly sellers, who don't show the back shot. Like what ?

4Eyes

Reaction score
Isn't it RGR5221? But bevermind, great axe...at a time I was deciding between this and RGR5220M, I picked the latter because of trem and maple fretboard.

try partial coil split mod. I like the tones better than stock coil split sounds, especially on cleans.

DarthV

Reaction score
wicked!
how do you like the pickups?

Barely had time to try it out, but they kind of reminded me of the BKP Painkiller I have in my RG1570!

I'll see what I can do tomorrow!

Boggles my frickin mind with the amount of people, mostly sellers, who don't show the back shot. Like what ?

I'm not selling so! hah! J/K Weather doesn't look too good for the next couple of days but I'll see what I can do. Might be next week before I can get outside to take some more photos.

DarthV

Reaction score
Isn't it RGR5221? But bevermind, great axe...at a time I was deciding between this and RGR5220M, I picked the latter because of trem and maple fretboard.

try partial coil split mod. I like the tones better than stock coil split sounds, especially on cleans.

You are correct, slight type and I don't think you can edit thread titles :(

I specifically wanted a hardtail, already have a bunch of trem Ibanez Prestiges!

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks good. how do you like the bare knuckle brute force set they come with?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Was raining this morning, so no nice sun dappled photos of the back :(

No sun dappling required. That’s still a fine booty shot!

That is some of the cleanest, whitest maple I’ve seen on that neck.

DarthV

Reaction score
There is a a black spot from a knot up in the headstock area, no biggie. I prefer slightly dirty maple anyways!

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I have the same bridge (Gibraltar II) on my RG652FX and it's as comfortable as any fixed bridge I've tried. The 'Gibraltar Plus' on my RGA321F (same bridge as your RGA121) doesn't feel as nice for palm mutes, but much nicer than a TOM.

Latest posts