NGD: Ibanez S7420FM, wave inlays!

• Thread starter Valennic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
You all know what this is.

Insert shitty cellphone pictures NOW:

2013-03-01_14-37-01_488_zps670da926.jpg

2013-03-01_14-37-57_547_zpsfa04e1a9.jpg

2013-03-01_14-39-26_214_zpsbf1a67cb.jpg

I'll get more pictures tomorrow when the weather isn't so godawfully gray, but, you get the general idea of what it is :yesway:

I'm going to bullet point this mini review.

Pros!

• Plays like a dream, no buzz, insanely low action
  • Intonation is fantastic from the store
  • Hnnng
  • This neck is fantastic. Round and slim. Just how I like em.
Cons

• A few electronics issues
  • Pickups sound like audible ass
  • Scratches and dings. No big deal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blanco

Reaction score
I've always loved the colour on them. Quite hard to find in that colour now i think. Happy NGD.

3headedmoses

Reaction score
I've told myself that if I buy another 7-string, It'll have to be an Ibanez S. That thing looks comfortable as hell.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yeah it is comfortable. Heavier than I expected, but still very lightweight, and the neck is to die for.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Thanks guys! She's a fantastic axe for sure. One of the best playing guitars I've held to date. Just gotta fix those pesky wiring issues. It's relatively nice out today, ill see about getting some outdoor shots.

And yeah Blanco, it's stupidly hard to find these now. Especially the ones with wave inlays.

DjentDjentlalala

Reaction score
HNGD! People hate on those LoTRS 7,but the one I had on my RG7420 was quite fucking awesome,really stable through all my dive bombs!

thedonal

Reaction score
Beautiful. That's almost my favourite finish on a guitar (not that I have one with that finish, but I still continue to dream... :))

It didn't arrive with Ibby V7/V8 pickups did it? They scream out "Replace us immediately!" the first time you plug in to an overdriven amp! No focus at all in any frequencies...

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
HNGD! People hate on those LoTRS 7,but the one I had on my RG7420 was quite fucking awesome,really stable through all my dive bombs!

Yeah its pretty comfy, unfortunately I need to buy a trem bar, this one lacked one in transit :lol:

Beautiful. That's almost my favourite finish on a guitar (not that I have one with that finish, but I still continue to dream... :))

It didn't arrive with Ibby V7/V8 pickups did it? They scream out "Replace us immediately!" the first time you plug in to an overdriven amp! No focus at all in any frequencies...

Keep your eyes peeled man. This thing popped up out of nowhere. They're hard to find, but if you're persistent, or lucky in my case, you'll find em.

I think it did. These pickups are horrible :lol:. I'm probably gonna chuck a D-sonic in the bridge, and a norton in the neck. Or wait for the Duncan Nazguls to come out. One or the other. :yesway:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I used to have one of these and it was the best Ibby I ever played. Traded it off to get my old 8 string back though.