NGD: Jackson Custom Shop

• Thread starter drgordonfreeman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
HNGD! One of these and a KV1 are on my list to order from Jackson, eventually.

Play all of Rust In Peace.

drgordonfreeman

On vacation
Reaction score
Am I going insane or are there only 23 frets?

Nope, you're not crazy. This was a real sore point for me when it came in. I had to make the decision, do I accept it, or do I send it back to be rebuilt? It's a neck-through, so there would be some major work involved in redoing this. I had to decide, did I want to wait another 90203420340923x10^10000000 years for Jackson to rebuild this and get it back to me? Was one fret worth it? Ultimately, I decided it wasn't.

To those of you considering Jackson CS builds, I'll let the following pictures speak for themselves...

First, there is this...

mVbKGbk.jpg

Then, this is what I got...

kA76yzr.jpg

But supposedly, it went through this...

U5STYOe.jpg

LOLwut :scratch:

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
That's really bizarre. I'd be pissed too but I couldn't send it back or get it rebuilt considering their wait times. At least it's still playable and looks awesome :yesway:

Possessed

Reaction score
Sorry man, i am amazed about the QC of jackson. I am luck that my CS jackson has zero mistakes. Anyhow, this guitar will become really one-off with 23 frets though

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
HNGD ! but I have to ask about one thing : how is the neckdive ?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow nice guitar but someone at Jackson is asleep while they were inspecting that.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
23 frets? :lol:.

How on EARTH can you .... that one up :scratch:. Either way, it's a gorgeous instrument, and I'd talk to Matt and Jackson about a partial refund for waiting two years to lose a fret.

jahosy

Reaction score
I'm a jackson fan and love their cs but to wait two years for them to stuff it up, they shld make it a priority to fix it up not wait another two yrs.

Otherwise hngd mate!

drgordonfreeman

On vacation
Reaction score
Wow nice guitar but someone at Jackson is asleep while they were inspecting that.

Someone was asleep when they built it and when they inspected it.

I keep wondering what the thought process was of the guy who fretted this? "23 frets... yep, seems right to me."

Like I said, it was either accept that it's 23 frets, rather than 24, or go through the painful process of trying to get this fixed. I figured, screw it. Lesson learned.

And this is only half of what I put up with when dealing with the Jackson CS. You guys don't want to hear the full story...

Epstein

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me how old Fenders had 21 frets...

21 Fret Fenders & 23 Fret Jacksons... Coincidence?

:lol:

Still can't deny though, that is a sweet axe. And don't forget, you can always just bend up.