NGD: Jackson HT7 Misha - Laguna Burst

JoshXR

Reaction score
Hello! I am a longtime lurker and new poster. I have finally ventured into the world of 7 strings after a decade of playing 6. My main guitar rig is a Diezel VH4, so I figured a 7 string would feel right at home.

After looking at dozens of options, I decided on the Misha HT7. It's a great looking guitar and I read nothing but good things about the build, neck and pick ups. My guitar decision actually had nothing to do with Periphery, although since buying the HT7, I have been listening to a lot of them! I was really missing out, great band and sound.

The guitar arrived a few days ago, so I've been able to put a good 5-6 hours of playtime on it. The top and finish work is great. It rivals many PRS tops. It's taking a bit of time getting used to an extra string. The guitar plays fairly well with the factory set up, although I will lower the action a bit. I've never had a guitar with 24 frets or 26.5 scale length, so that is also a little different. I plan on switching over to 10-52 + .68 Elixirs. The neck plays well, I love the smooth/unfinished feel. Bridge is comfortable. Glow in the dark fret markers were a nice touch as well.

As I play more, I will add more input. This is a fun start of a journey! Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 2.38.18 PM.PNGIMG_0512.JPG IMG_0506.JPG

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
congrats, these have really been growing on me. I bet your rig sounds massive!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zarg

Reaction score
really nice guitar! enjoy it and play her in good health. I'm really gassing for one, too.

JoshXR

Reaction score
congrats, these have really been growing on me. I bet your rig sounds massive!

Yes, definitely a big sound. Still finding the "sweet spot" with the new guitar, but so far the sounds have been very well balanced. I play was playing in Drop Ab on the clean channel and it sounded like a bass! Haha.

I've been playing classic/alt style rock for the last several years, so it's time to get my metal chops back!