NGD: Jackson MIJ 91 Professional Fusion Pro

• Thread starter Psmeg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psmeg

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some nice pics of my new (well, 24 yr old) Jackson Professional Fusion Pro and what can I say about this guitar?

Wow! Just wow! The fretboard is like new with no fret wear, a few almost unnoticeable blemishes on the body and a tiny one on the back of the neck, but apart from that it's like new.

It plays like a dream and the attention to detail on the finishing is fantastic. No silly plastic trem and electronics covers, they are all brushed black aluminum. The Floyd Rose is a Jackson branded Shaller so is made from the better alloy.

Fretwork is nice and smooth and the ebony fretboard looks and plays stunning. The shorter scale length doesn't seem to feel any different to what I'm used to, which is cool.

Anyway, here are the pics.. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
As a fellow Fusion afficianado and the only guitar that has never left my collection I approve (may I have first refusal if you ever decide to part with it).

Viginez

Reaction score
thats just badass
a really nice one
i`m looking for one, but they are so hard to find, especially in a condition like that

jvms

Reaction score
I'm looking to get one of these soon. How is the neck on it compared to other japanese Jacksons and Ibanez? Is it close to the Wizard shape?

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
I'm looking to get one of these soon. How is the neck on it compared to other japanese Jacksons and Ibanez? Is it close to the Wizard shape?

It is pretty much the thinnest neck I've ever played on and that includes Wizard profiles. Bear in mind that it's also Gibson scale so if you have sausage fingers, it can feel a little cramped.

source field

Reaction score
There's something about a Jackson Soloist with HSS setup and three knobs.. it looks classic, but classy.

dimitrio

Reaction score
I own Fusion myself (usa version) - those are one of the best jacksons ever made, imho)
I really dig the short scale.
As for the neck profile, it is really thin, however compared to esp I have the distance between 1st and 6th string is tiny bigger.

Psmeg

Reaction score
Cheers everyone, it was an awesome find. I ended up importing it into the UK from a fella in Slovenia. Couldn't believe the condition when it arrived.. I was dumbfounded!

BigBaldIan - Of course you can have first refusal if I ever sell, but I'd say not to hold your breath on it happening ;)

The neck is pretty slim, nice and fast but I wouldn't say its as thin as the Jackson Concept I have here. I've owned a few Ibanez with wizard necks and I'd say it's not as flat at the back but on par thickness-wise.

I'm also looking at getting this Fusion from Slovenia via the same fella I got this one. Hopefully should be doing the deal next week.

This was the first one we were going to deal on but it fell through and he sold it on to someone else who is now selling via my first contact.. lol

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Normally I like splash of colour on my guitars but daayuuum that Jackson looks fantastic

jonsick

Reaction score
Great guitars.

Just a word of warning, if you want different pickups in there at any point, they are a bit of a pain in the arse to sort out. Because on most single coils/scs humbuckers the wire exits on the side of the pickup, you need to cut away a little wood inside the pickup cavity. The only other alternative is EMGs as they exit from the bottom. A lot of these guitars got EMGs "back in the day" for this reason.

It's not impossible to fit an SD or DiMarzio, just a little more challenging.

Psmeg

Reaction score
@jonsick I know what you mean, the cavity doesn't have the recess for the small 'V' on most single coils so fitting them would be a PITA.

So I'm on the lookout for some alternatives... not the biggest EMG fan.

s4tch

Reaction score
I've never seen a disappointing Jackson Professional that has been taken care of. Impressive guitars for the money. HNGD!

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Does this guy keep them in a vacuum? Faaaarrrrrk, they more mint than new.

Congrats, unbelievable score.