NGD: Jackson MIJ 91 Professional Fusion Pro

• Thread starter Psmeg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psmeg

Reaction score
That is awesome, congrats! I could never get on with the shorter scale Jacksons but you've got a nice one!

Cheers dude,

I dunno why, but I don't really notice the scale difference when playing it. :)

the blue Fusion Pro is now in transit from Slovenia, so I'm looking forward to having a nice pair of them on the wall ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dimitrio

Reaction score
Cheers dude,

I dunno why, but I don't really notice the scale difference when playing it. :)

the blue Fusion Pro is now in transit from Slovenia, so I'm looking forward to having a nice pair of them on the wall ;)

Dude, are you trying to buy all fusions on the market, lol ? :lol:
That blue is really awesome. Is it completely maple guitar or just top?

Psmeg

Reaction score
If they are all as good to play as the first one, damn right I am.. lol

Desolate1

Reaction score
Really nice guitars. I especially like the blue one. I would like to pick one of these up someday. The Fusion is one of the few models of Jackson that I have never owned.

Psmeg

Reaction score
Really nice guitars. I especially like the blue one. I would like to pick one of these up someday. The Fusion is one of the few models of Jackson that I have never owned.

If you get the opportunity to, do it. My first experience is definately favourable. I don't know how they compare to the USA models, but there is just something right about it IMO. :)

jonsick

Reaction score
@jonsick I know what you mean, the cavity doesn't have the recess for the small 'V' on most single coils so fitting them would be a PITA.

So I'm on the lookout for some alternatives... not the biggest EMG fan.

It's more than that. It's where the wire exits the pickup. A lot of the current Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio SC pickups, the wire comes out of the back of the pickup, whereas the older ones come out of the bottom of the pickup.

If pressed, you could ask the custom shop to make you a couple of pups where it comes out the bottom?

To be honest though, the couple of Fusions I have come across actually have pretty decent stock pickups. The bridge humbucker is simple enough so even if you just wanted to change that it's OK.

It is possible to get the newer SC pickups in, it just needs a bit of wood chopping out inside the cavity. A decent tech should be able to do it for you without anything being visible.

Also, the EMG SA pickups are pretty nice if you did go the EMG route.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
How??

My Professional Fusion HSH has had the absolute ....e beaten out of it. Had it new since 1992 and it looks like it!

:lol:

Psmeg

Reaction score
It's more than that. It's where the wire exits the pickup. A lot of the current Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio SC pickups, the wire comes out of the back of the pickup, whereas the older ones come out of the bottom of the pickup.

If pressed, you could ask the custom shop to make you a couple of pups where it comes out the bottom?

To be honest though, the couple of Fusions I have come across actually have pretty decent stock pickups. The bridge humbucker is simple enough so even if you just wanted to change that it's OK.

It is possible to get the newer SC pickups in, it just needs a bit of wood chopping out inside the cavity. A decent tech should be able to do it for you without anything being visible.

Also, the EMG SA pickups are pretty nice if you did go the EMG route.

Cheers for the great info, it's much appreciated.

I was aware of the issue with the pup wires on the SC's and that was kinda the reason I said it was a PITA, but I'm sure there's a solution that will do the guitar justice out there, just needs a bit of research and probably money thrown at it.. lol

Took delivery of the trans blue one today, and while it isn't as nice as the photoshopped pics I posted, it's sort of growing on me.

One thing is there is some corrosion on the Shaller / FR saddles and some wear and tear on the thumbwheels. Anyone know of a good place to get spares for these trems in the UK? I'd like to get it back to it's former glory, and that is one of the things that looks a bit rubbish on there IMO. :)

Oh, and the aluminum back plate over the FR cavity needs replacing too. Any suggestions where to get one from in the UK?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on a spares supplier :)

jonsick

Reaction score
You may be better off asking that question on JCFOnline. They are pretty much the Jackson authority.

I replaced my trem cavity plate on my Fusion XL with a black one from a Squier. The holes lined up so considered that OK. It does hurt me to think of a Squier part on my Jackson, but if I keep quiet, nobody will ever know!

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
That is in remarkable shape for its age!

Always love me some Jacksons! I would be skeptical about a 24 fret short scale, but it seems these guitars have quite a following so I'd imagine it's pretty easy to play.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
A bit of a potato picture, but this is my Jackson Professional Fusion (SX I think, definitely not Pro series) that's about the same age...

:ugh:

DM Tone Zone in bridge, D-tuna, sanded neck, faux-leopard skin strap just because, quite a lot of battle scars along with the stickers but it has NEVER needed a set-up. Not once. Even after it's fallen out of windows, off stages, and been used as a weapon in one incident.

Attachments

• 20150324_212936.jpg
    20150324_212936.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 17

Psmeg

Reaction score
The old MIJ Jacksons are just awesome guitars. Rock solid when you know how to set them up and apart from the awful Jackson pickups, sound great too. :)

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
The old MIJ Jacksons are just awesome guitars. Rock solid when you know how to set them up and apart from the awful Jackson pickups, sound great too. :)

More solid than the USA Jacksons that I've owned. :yesway:

s4tch

Reaction score
...and been used as a weapon in one incident.

Lol_wut.jpg

Viginez

Reaction score
It is pretty much the thinnest neck I've ever played on and that includes Wizard profiles. Bear in mind that it's also Gibson scale so if you have sausage fingers, it can feel a little cramped.
i'd say it's between the original wizard and the esp thin u, the wizard being the thinnest ever