NGD - Jackson Pro Series Juggernaut HT7!

• Thread starter Insomnia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
NGD! Jackson Pro Series Juggernaut HT7 in Charcoal Burst.

This is my first ever seven-string (although far from my first time playing one), and seeing as there don't seem to be many reviews, I though I should write a little 'first impressions' post.

I'm incredibly happy with the top on my one, I think it looks really nice, and the staining is beautiful. Most others I've seen aren't as figured as this, but they still look good. The bridge is, as Misha said, for all intensive purposes, a Hipshot copy. It feels really great, and makes it super easy to palm mute.

I was pleasantly surprised with the MM1 pickups, they sound fantastic! The only difference I could honestly hear between these and the Juggs was that these are a little bassier and slightly less tight in the low-end, but they still have that signature Bulb sound to them.

The addition of locking tuners and Luminlays are fantastic, but I have yet to try out the Luminlays due to the rare sunny weather in England. The 'handshake' neck heel is brilliant, really comfortable for lead playing.

I noticed a couple of slight issues, for example, a spot (not much bigger than 0.5cm) on the back with visibly less finish on than the rest of the guitar, some of the frets from the 12th fret upwards were a tad sharp on the treble side (but nothing like the 'cheese grater frets' that some others who've played a Pro Series Juggernaut have described). I've strung it up with D'Addario NYXL 64-11s, and for some reason, the 64 keeps 'falling' off the fretboard whenever I'm playing, but to be honest, it could just be my sloppy playing rather than an issue with the guitar :D

All in all, I'm incredibly happy with it. It sounds and feels fantastically, the neck profile is one of the most comfortable I've yet to play, and combine that with the 'handshake' heel, you've got a seriously nice instrument!

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 405
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 321
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 363

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
intents and purposes* :)

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
I really like the way the Pro 7s look with the more muted flame tops. Sweet guitar, I really want to try one myself and see how the frets are, have played too many Indo guitars with bad frets but Jackson and Ibanez keep making these beauts that make me want to rejoin the fold. HNGD!

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Nice dude, looks great!! :) Tried the HT6 version the other day and they are nice guitars and well worth the price.

But - hey!! We've had lots of sun the last few days, today especially!! :lol:

Viginez

Reaction score
not really a fan of these, but this one looks hot with that top

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
congrats, good to hear you didn't get one with sharp frets all up and down the neck like the one I played.

bulb

Reaction score
I'm glad you are digging it dude! Also stoked you like the pickups!

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
the issue with the string coming off the fretboard has happened to me. the guitar's heel was slightly too big and the neck could shift side to side in the heel. and it pulled more to the opposite side of the string that was coming off, essentially giving that string less room to the edge. i would check it for any looseness and look down the neck the long way to make sure its straight.

i've also seen a buddies guitar do this, and the issue was the frets were filed at too much of an angle on one side. giving less level surface area for it to rest on. so as soon as you put any pressure in that direction, it slipped right down the slant of the fret wire.

i'm sure if this is an issue of build quality, whoever you ordered it from would easily exchange it. just get it checked out.

otherwise, HNGD! and that finish does look better than any picture i've seen yet. can't wait for mine!

tsu_shogun

Reaction score
congrats! just curious about how do you feel about the 26.5 inch scale ? Does it take some extra efforts to get used to?