NGD - Jackson PRO SERIES SOLOIST SL7

• Thread starter JohnnyCNote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, ladies and gents, here it is! Actually, I got it from AMS a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't my 1st choice, but I was able to get this one financed. One question I have, however, is about the neck. All descriptions state it's a neck-through design, but had I not seen that, I'd say it's a set-neck. Either way it's still a nice guitar…

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Nice! I believe this is the first NGD post I see for the SL7. I like the stealthy look of the flat black! What makes you say that the neck is not neck-through?

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
Mostly I just can't see any of the wood extending through the body, like a place where the body is glued to the sides of the neck extension between the bottom fret and the bridge. Maybe it's just sanded extra smoothly and the uniform color makes it hard to see…

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mostly I just can't see any of the wood extending through the body, like a place where the body is glued to the sides of the neck extension between the bottom fret and the bridge. Maybe it's just sanded extra smoothly and the uniform color makes it hard to see…

If the guitar is made decently you shouldn't see glue joints...

oracles

Reaction score
Like all soloists, it IS a neck through, that's the defining difference between the SL and DK series.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Like others have said, it's a good thing you are not seeing a joint, because you would have a problem if you did on a solid color guitar. The only time you should physically see the joint is with a natural finish.

How does it play?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
That looks amazing! If ESP doesn't come up with a proper MII seven with reverse headstock this coming year, I would get one of these instead.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Looks really nice. How does it play? Fretwork solid?

️Jackson does its neckthru a bit differently than some others (hard to describe quickly, but I believe the neck is glued on top of a piece as it runs into the body rather than the neck "thickening" as it hits the body) but it is technically a neckthru.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Looks really nice. How does it play? Fretwork solid?

️Jackson does its neckthru a bit differently than some others (hard to describe quickly, but I believe the neck is glued on top of a piece as it runs into the body rather than the neck "thickening" as it hits the body) but it is technically a neckthru.

That is true for the USA made Jacksons, but I'm not sure if the imports have the same design. Below is a pic of a USA SL1 that shows what you were describing.

jackson_soloist-sl1.jpg

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
My friend bought the 6 string version of this. I tried it two days ago and loved it so much that I'm currently shopping for a white one.

Congrats!

cip 123

Reaction score
Well only one way to be sure, Break out the Sander!

HNGD I loved my old DK 7 this looks like a beast!

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
For some reason it takes me a while to "warm up" to a new guitar. This is my 2nd Jackson, and I definitely don't regret getting them. I keep promising myself not to get any more, but you know how that goes. Here's my other Jackson:

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts