NGD: Jackson USA Juggernaut HT7 (2015) Matte Blue Frost

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Picked up a used Jackson USA Juggernaut HT7 (2015) in Matte Blue Frost for a pretty good price. The guy I bought it from was great to deal with, which is always a plus.

Pros:
-Excellent Condition
-Love the narrow nut (44.5) makes playing the lower frets very easy and super comfortable.
-Sounds really good! My first time playing the Juggernauts and they are definitely great pickups, and I even really like the neck pickup too with its 'sharp attack'.

Cons:
-Previous owner installed Dimarzio clip-locks which drive me bonkers because I haven't played live in a very long time and having the strap ends 'clacking' around is annoying, lol. Maybe in the future I will get some dunlop locking strap buttons installed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
F7dOtYVX0AA2TUh
F7dO71FWQAAa5bi
F7dO70WXUAAnCj-
F7dOtYWW4AAnH-b
F7dO7zgWoAA71qb
F7dO7zhXEAAPo5M
F7dPNsLWQAAneAe
F7dPznbXwAAdTNW
F7dPznFWMAA0zMX
F7dPzmaWMAAPOo_
F7dQHZOWUAA64bE
F7dQHYaXsAASf9T
F7dQMA4XsAAv3tc

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
HNGD!

These things are so cool, and every time I see one I remember not buying one for the stupid deals guitarguitar were clearing them out for before the new model.

Still holding out hope for a release with a Floyd like Misha's blue prototype.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
-Love the narrow nut (44.5) makes playing the lower frets very easy and super comfortable.
is it really 44.5"? That's 6-string territory, and Jackson being Jackson I wouldn't be surprised if the specs were wrong.

The neck Juggernaut is a pretty cool pickup. Very fat, yet very snappy as you described. Probably the only neck pickup I've ever had that combined both attributes.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
HNGD!

These things are so cool, and every time I see one I remember not buying one for the stupid deals guitarguitar were clearing them out for before the new model.

Still holding out hope for a release with a Floyd like Misha's blue prototype.
Yeah exactly! I’m so lucky to have paid a regular used price for the guitar without any “COVID-post-covid” pricing lol.

Congrats! This and the satin black HT7s were the best variants of his sig IMO.
Yeah I really dig these 1st Gen models!!!

is it really 44.5"? That's 6-string territory, and Jackson being Jackson I wouldn't be surprised if the specs were wrong.

The neck Juggernaut is a pretty cool pickup. Very fat, yet very snappy as you described. Probably the only neck pickup I've ever had that combined both attributes.
I haven’t measured but it’s super narrow so I’d guess it’s probably accurate.
the old ESP SS horizon 7 strings had a similar width and I hear a lot of people miss that spec.

Yeah the neck Jugg is really cool and unique!

Sir_Shreddington

Reaction score
Congrats! It’s a cool guitar. I had one of the 1st gen, quilted blue, 6 stringers. I always wanted to try one of the basswood models though. Something about basswood sounds really pleasing to my ears

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Congrats, that looks fantastic - Frost Blue is definitely my favourite of the early colours, and while I’m no fan of cliplocks either, that neon pink fucking pops with the blue! :yum:

I had no idea the USA models were 44.5mm nut widths, I have a 6string Saber that’s just shy of that!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Congrats! It’s a cool guitar. I had one of the 1st gen, quilted blue, 6 stringers. I always wanted to try one of the basswood models though. Something about basswood sounds really pleasing to my ears
Thanks! Yeah this is actually my first basswood guitar.

Congrats, that looks fantastic - Frost Blue is definitely my favourite of the early colours, and while I’m no fan of cliplocks either, that neon pink fucking pops with the blue! :yum:

I had no idea the USA models were 44.5mm nut widths, I have a 6string Saber that’s just shy of that!
Yeah the Matte Blue Frost is my fave of the first gen as well!

Yes, if I had to have them, pink is the obvious choice!

Yeah, I was so surprised by the narrow width--never experienced a 7-string like that before.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Gorgeous, man. I love those frost finishes. Heard great things about those guitars, so happy NGD :cheers:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Gorgeous, man. I love those frost finishes. Heard great things about those guitars, so happy NGD :cheers:
Thanks! Yeah the 'frost' finishes are really nice. They have this subtle thing going on that is really sexy in person.

Yeah these are definitely nice instruments, absolutely love it.

dc_player

Reaction score

Mine measured exactly 45 mm although the web site states it is 44.45mm. I'll add there's a nice amount of fretboard edge between the high E (and low B)

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
If you like narrow nuts, try an ebmm.
Yeah I've played a few actually. Almost bought an Albert Lee pre-covid, lol.

Great color, nice score.
Thanks!

Mine measured exactly 45 mm although the web site states it is 44.45mm. I'll add there's a nice amount of fretboard edge between the high E (and low B)
Oh nice!
Yeah, the narrow nut is definitely cool. I remember when ESP changed over their 7 String Horizon from 45mm to 48mm everyone went crazy because they loved the narrow nut---I can see why!

Gravy Train

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Such a sick guitar. My local Sam Ash had a black Bulb edition 7 for years that they were trying to get rid of and I wish I would have grabbed it. These are so classy and sleek looking.

Congrats! Definitely prefer these over the current iterations.