NGD - LOLOMGWTFBBQ!!

• Thread starter madrigal77
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

madrigal77

Reaction score
So I dropped by BB today to look for a case for my GF's phone, and of course went over to the music area while I was in there. There's an LTD EC-401VF marked for $199!! (about $160 USD) I thought it must be a mistake, but the guy was like yep, BB is blowing them out "because they don't know how to sell guitars" :lol:. I didn't expect to be getting a guitar, but I couldn't say no at that price. The pups are worth that alone. Needs a bit of a setup and a fret polishing, but it plays nice and sounds great. I haven't owned a guitar with passives in it for like 10 years :lol:

I dunno of this is just a local or Canadian thing, but check with your BB. They had some other LTD's on blowout for super cheap too.

VM7Qzdr.jpg

ncPrehX.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
That is a berserk price! How many did they have?

A-Branger

Reaction score
WOW good find, lucky you :eek:

HNGD

I haven't owned a guitar with passives in it for like 10 years :lol:

you can always get EMGs with chrome covers to keep the traditional look :agreed:

Thats what I did with my LTD ec-256vf.... put some JH set and the only way you can notice is close as they have pole pieces instead of screws, and the emg logo on them offcourse

madrigal77

Reaction score
That is a berserk price! How many did they have?
This was the only one. I've seen it there for something like 2 years? If I remember correctly it was originally over $700!!!
WOW good find, lucky you :eek:

HNGD

you can always get EMGs with chrome covers to keep the traditional look :agreed:

Thats what I did with my LTD ec-256vf.... put some JH set and the only way you can notice is close as they have pole pieces instead of screws, and the emg logo on them offcourse

Thanks!! I have the Hetset in my Eclipse, and I love them. But this came with the JB/59 combo and they sound great too. I've actually kinda been wanting a guitar with passives and standard tuning for a while now, and this fits the bill nicely.

I forgot to mention that this is a full thickness model to boot!!

tylerpond05

Mormon Metalhead
Reaction score
Dude, thats freaking insane!!! I was looking at a used goldtop version for 300 at GC! Congrats on the new guitar.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm amazed that was still around… i haven't seen any musical instruments in the Best Buys around here for months. They got out of that game quite a while ago, even before they decided to shut down Future Shop.

Amazing deal on that! Anything 400-series and up should be a solid instrument. :yesway:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
$200 NEW!?!? Amazing. A steal like this for a new instrument is outstanding.
Not to mention, the 400 series in Canada is starting to go up in price by quite a bit. They tend to range from $700-1000 now.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
That axe looks smooth as silk. And I guess abbreviated thread titles aren't subject to capzlok editing.

HNGD

madrigal77

Reaction score
$200 NEW!?!? Amazing. A steal like this for a new instrument is outstanding.
Not to mention, the 400 series in Canada is starting to go up in price by quite a bit. They tend to range from $700-1000 now.

Yep. Long&Mcquade has it listed with a DiMarzio set that costs $40 more than the JB/59 set for $1k!! :nuts::eek:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Totally expected an X-Series Jackson or Iron Label Ibanez with a title like that. Pleasantly surprised though. :yesway:

madrigal77

Reaction score
Changed the plastics to black. I think it looks a lot better.

Yoh6JD8.jpg

Also the maple cap is a lot thicker than I was expecting:

4gTEL7q.jpg

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Dude, that's insane. I had an EC-1000 for a long time and it was a great guitar for the price (just under $1,000 CDN), I'm sure that thing is no different. Congrats on that steal!

Shask

Reaction score
Awesome deal!

I am kinda starting to want one of those myself.....

Best Buy never sold guitars near me, only strings and cables.