NGD: Longboi 2: Son of Longboi

• Thread starter jephjacques
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
IMG_0211.jpg

I keep buying Hapases

IMG_0212.jpg
got this one from the big and tall section

IMG_0210.jpg
wait wtf is that bridge, some kinda fixed floyd rose bullshit?

IMG_0214.jpg
shit looks like the terminator's dick

IMG_0213.jpg
ooh sexy

IMG_0216.jpg
ok you can stay I GUESS

WTF IS THIS NONSENSE: Hapas Siren 628 from their latest drop. I've been super into my baritone Dunable so I thought it'd be fun to get something on the opposite end of the vibe spectrum. That guitar's all vintage and fancy woods and shit, this guitar is ultra-modern and much pointier.

SPECS: 28" scale, padauk/ebony/ash neck, richlite board, 24 SS frets. Ash body, Evertune, Hapas humbuckers, 3 way, push pull coil tap on the volume pot.

THOUGHTS: Having a shitload of fun with this thing. I've got four(!) Hapases now, and they're all great but I think this and my FF 7 string are the two best of the bunch. No flaws or jankiness to be found anywhere. Incredibly tight tolerances on the pickup routes, neck joint, etc. I love the look and feel of the neck. The guitar is HEAVY AS FUCK, heavier than my goddamn M8M, because sometimes ash is just Like That and also it has an Evertune.

Pickups are far and away the best I've tried from Hapas, I don't know what they did differently but these things rule. Hot as hell, super fat but still with a lot of clarity even in drop E. Probably a combination of the scale length, stupid low tuning, and various other intangibles. Did I mention I asked them to set it up in drop E and they did and it owns???

The Evertune...is an Evertune. If you know what you're in for, and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for you, then it's an amazing piece of hardware. This thing spent a week and a half in a freezing customs warehouse while Canadian customs agents rimmed each other for fun (I assume) and it still showed up perfectly in tune. I do feel a slight lack of bottom end (which arguably is a GOOD thing considering how low it's tuned) and there's definitely less sustain on the treble strings when you get high up the neck. But this thing isn't for shredding anyway, it's for writing stupid caveman shit.

TLDR: Hapas makes great guitars, baritones are fun as fuck, Canadian customs are into ass play

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 220

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Four Hapases is a lot of Hapases.

They're making some very sexy guitars and I'm jealous.

Happy New Baritone Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeventyFour

Reaction score
Very cool guitar! Extremely intrigued by Hapas, I think you better post a family photo...

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
OOOO that looks great. I am a sucker for that ash finish on everything.
I really like their stuff, especially the Tele looking guitars.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
That neck is freaking gorgeous. Those joints...the ash...the ebony

🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆 out of 5

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I saw some pics of the Axe Palace Hapas run, may want to check that out because it looks amazing, so eagerly awaiting NGD: longboi 3: revenge of longboi

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I have forbidden myself from buying any more Hapases for now

until something cool catches my eye again, if I'm being honest lmao