NGD: Mayones Duvell Prototype (Pics/Clip/Initial Thoughts)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
If this ends up being the standard spec, they will sell a boatload. I'd probably buy one over a standard Setius. HNGD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything Regius related in this guitar really.
Except maybe flatish top and some similarity in headstock shape. But that's only look wise, maybe it feels that way.
I like it though.

Anyway, I have 3 custom Regius on the way, being delivered in August, one being same color and oil finish as this Duvell, so watch out for a nasty NGD. Ordered them just when this Duvell first appeared and this one was an inspiration for the color scheme. Didn't know it was Bulbs in that time, otherwise I would pick another color haha. :fawk:

But I'm a huge sucker on blue too... lol

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Nice!!! The stain on the top makes it looked like flamed koa.

I got to play the 6 and 7 Duvel at Messe. Really nice guitar but without a forearm contour is a big no-no. They played and felt like like a Regius.

You used to use 10-59 on your 7s around the time of the first album?

Also your two April Fools' day jokes were hilarious. So much butthurt on Facebook.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
literally MFW

RkCehIX.jpg

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I recall him saying that the different woods and construction of his many guitars do actually sound different using the same sig pu's.

Thats because woods are the underlying factor of your tone. Passive pickups react to their environment.

I'm not seeing anything Regius related in this guitar really.
Except maybe flatish top and some similarity in headstock shape.

It has the same top carve as the Regius which isnt flat at all. You would have to have one in your hands to understand that the bass side of the top curves down very noticeably. I cant wait to get one of these

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
How does it compare to a Regius or Setius in overall feel? The Regius is, for me, the best guitar I've ever played, so I'm curious how this compares to the rest of their line that you've tried

bulb

Reaction score
Nice equalizer for those in Europe who don't buy Carvins because the shipping/VAT etc.

Damn nice guitar. Their V's are what caught my eye at their NAMM display though.

Thinking that given the family size, Misha probably has more guitars without his sig pu's than with for now at least. I recall him saying that the different woods and construction of his many guitars do actually sound different using the same sig pu's.

About half of my collection now have Juggs and I have more on the way. The half that have the pickups also happen to make up the guitars I use frequently, there are a handful of guitars that I have that mostly sit in the case, but I don't want to sell for sentimental reasons.

jahosy

Reaction score
According to the Mayo Melbourne dealer, RRP for the standard 6/7 Duvell (Flame maple top, mah body, maple mah 5 piece neck, rosewood board) is at A$3399 / A$3599; Elite 6/7 (eye poplar, mah, wenge bubinga 5 piece neck, ebony board) is A$4299 / A$4499.

bulb

Reaction score
How does it compare to a Regius or Setius in overall feel? The Regius is, for me, the best guitar I've ever played, so I'm curious how this compares to the rest of their line that you've tried

It feels different to both, but it is definitely much closer to the regius in feel, and out of all of their models is probably my personal fave now. The neck profile and carve rule and it really sounds incredible!

Guitarrags

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they will offer a custom model? Wondering what a body in basswood or swamp ash would sound like here.