NGD Molly Hatchet sig Les Paul

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Tell us about it!

How's the QC coming from Epiphone?
Well. Typically Epi has been doing really well. I actually got the last model the Veil of Bees a couple of months ago and sent it back bc it had numerous QC issues. That said I know of lots of them that were great, so I think I got a lemon. This one is damn near perfect. Really nice build. Plays and sounds great and fit and finish is really nice. The graphics on both are really well done. I also have a couple of other newer Epis, a Prophecy LP and a Ghosthorse Explorer and those are both great. So for the most part Epi is doing a pretty great job. I also have some of the newer Kramers which are technically Epis and they are really good as well.

Estilo

Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that. I recently bought an Epi olive drab Flying V and it's pretty much flawless apart from a rattly tuner, which is a hardware issue. I also don't quite jibe with the Probucker 3 but again that's hardware.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, those fretboard gouges look pretty bad. That's a bummer. It really seems like Gibson/Epiphone just can't figure out QC (or they're too cheap to).

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I'm not a Les Paul fan and I can't see me ever buying one, but I did think these Adam Jones models looked cool and would have been fun to tune to drop D and play some Tool with. They seem to be quite sought after too, my local guitar store had some of the Bee ones and they sold out online pretty much instantly as soon as the pre-order page went live. When they posted the Berserker models on their Instagram page to show them off, they put a "These were sold out in minutes, sorry if you didn't get one" thing along with it. I looked back at their pictures of the Bee guitars and there were people getting salty in the comments because they didn't manage to secure one.

Given how much hype there is and how much people want these guitars, you'd have thought Epiphone would have had these gone over with a fine-tooth comb in QC before shipping to dealers. It looks really bad when their most hyped release in years has guitars being returned for such shockingly obvious QC issues like that butchered fretboard above.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I'm not a Les Paul fan and I can't see me ever buying one, but I did think these Adam Jones models looked cool and would have been fun to tune to drop D and play some Tool with. They seem to be quite sought after too, my local guitar store had some of the Bee ones and they sold out online pretty much instantly as soon as the pre-order page went live. When they posted the Berserker models on their Instagram page to show them off, they put a "These were sold out in minutes, sorry if you didn't get one" thing along with it. I looked back at their pictures of the Bee guitars and there were people getting salty in the comments because they didn't manage to secure one.

Given how much hype there is and how much people want these guitars, you'd have thought Epiphone would have had these gone over with a fine-tooth comb in QC before shipping to dealers. It looks really bad when their most hyped release in years has guitars being returned for such shockingly obvious QC issues like that butchered fretboard above.

I figure that Epiphone, and Gibson can make sufficient income from pumping out huge volume of these guitars. In the event there are a few lemons here and there, it will still end up in profit down the line. So they could spend the extra time going over QC, and make $$...OR they can skip QC, accept returns, save time on QC and make $$$$.

works in their favor to not care for QC. Plus, with their price, and how cost of living is going higher, think this is the only logical step they got

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I figure that Epiphone, and Gibson can make sufficient income from pumping out huge volume of these guitars. In the event there are a few lemons here and there, it will still end up in profit down the line. So they could spend the extra time going over QC, and make $$...OR they can skip QC, accept returns, save time on QC and make $$$$.

works in their favor to not care for QC. Plus, with their price, and how cost of living is going higher, think this is the only logical step they got

It's also just the case that Gibson gets a HUGE pass on QC from their customers. It's wild to me that people talk on forums all the time about finding a "good" Gibson, like it's just the norm that you have to go through a bunch of shoddy guitars before you find a good one. But if a company like Kiesel puts out a guitar with the slightest suggestion of a tool mark near the nut, the collective Internet freaks the fuck out.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

I'm not sure how much people "want" them (not including the OP). I suspect many of the people rushing out to buy these are immediately posting them for sale on Reverb hoping to flip for a profit.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Wow,. I'm glad my Edwards is thoroughly quenching my LP Custom thirst. I was dead set on getting one of these but seeing shit like that tells me I need to try them out first or get one for under a grand. Those gouges re unacceptable. Tool marks, scuffs, that stuff I don't mind too much depending on the severity but outright fucking gouges on the fingerboard is a non-starter. That's absurd that left the factory. Not really digging the look of that ebony as a whole, but it might just be the lighting in the pics.

Sorry to see that, man!