NGD: Neptune Swirl Strat

• Thread starter JEngelking
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Well, kind of NGD. :lol: This was one of my first guitars, a (what seems to be) brandless, "Grand Prix" Strat. I've just never actually officially shared it like this on the forum.

It all started a couple years ago when I disassembled it with plans to refinish it, but didn't get around to actually doing it until a few months ago.

Progress thread is here.

Here's what it looked like before:

Lacquer2_zps1adfa786.jpg

And now here's some after pics, a big improvement I think. :D

Poor little guy was hiding in the corner...

pDfcNq5.jpg

Little bit less shy now.

kcfycpq.jpg

:wub:

XOOvk5Z.jpg

XIbsVNb.jpg

O4awa5k.jpg

And here's a little something I've been working on, all guitars recorded with Neptune here. :D

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/oceansbuiltonsinkingships/the-surreality[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Very cool, nice to see it done.

I take back what I said about thinking a white pickguard would look better, black with white pickups looks really good there.

Also, H/S with just a volume knob is a great setup, my favorite, actually.

So, how does it play?

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
That came out great! I really like the colors you chose.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, HS is definitely one of my favorite serious as well, if not my most favorite.

It actually plays pretty great, I haven't played it in like three years or for however long it's been dismantled, so it's like playing a brand new guitar. :lol: It's a plywood sandwich body, and is surprisingly loud acoustically. I forgot to mention when I brought it in for the setup that I wanted it in Drop C, so I think it'll play even better when it doesn't have 10-52s in standard, that's a bit heavy for me on the low strings. :rolleyes:

VVolverin3

Cool beans
Reaction score
I thought the first photo was it... didn't look like a great swirl to me... oops! :S

Haha, that's brilliant mate, looking fantastic.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words, I'm very happy my first swirl turned out well, and on the first dip no less. :)

Latest posts