NGD: Ormsby Hypemachine GTR6 Prototype

• Thread starter Ramburger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramburger

Reaction score
NAMM NGD, had this one for a few days now and I am loving it.
Specs: Alder body, set maple neck, ebony board, 27.5 to 25.5" scale, hipshot bridge and locking tuners, Nunchucker and La Creme pickups, 3 way switch and push/pull pot. I've never played a fanned fret guitar before this so I was surprised when I picked it up and played just the same as a regular scale guitar. Plays great and sounds great. Now here a video and some pics :shred:

o6M4dn6.jpg

5x0puKd.jpg

TIIw1Tu.jpg

zFgF5cM.jpg

4WcWHlr.jpg

r1CJn86.jpg

DDzS9qN.jpg

BAoRj6R.jpg

Cn8H6g1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Simple and comprehensive with solid pictures. Nice work!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Awesome! I really hope to aquire one of these but I'm sure the extras will all be gone by the time I'm able :lol: I hope these reach the point where you don't have to be part of a run to buy one, and you can just go on the ormsby site and order one

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Crazy! Really awesome color. Nice playing as well. Congratulations on the guitar as well as the skills :) Happy NGD

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
Awesome! I really hope to aquire one of these but I'm sure the extras will all be gone by the time I'm able :lol: I hope these reach the point where you don't have to be part of a run to buy one, and you can just go on the ormsby site and order one

Or your local store? ;)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
That's cool!

What happened to the edge of the fingerboard? Looks a bit chewed on.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Awesome vid! Really dig it and I like that pink more than I'd like to admit.
The GAS is burning with this one, but I'm gun shy about the fan. When you say that you had no problem adjusting to it, do you normally play guitars in the 27" scale range?
Thanks and absolutely killer guitar!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I dig the color. A very soft pink and not an 80's glam pink.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Or your local store? ;)

You guys teasing this distribution announcement is painful! I'm ridiculously excited about the possibility of being able to finally try one of these out, but also super nervous that it'll be at GC after so 13 year old smashes it around and breaks the strings trying to play some crappy song too loud.

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
You guys teasing this distribution announcement is painful! I'm ridiculously excited about the possibility of being able to finally try one of these out, but also super nervous that it'll be at GC after so 13 year old smashes it around and breaks the strings trying to play some crappy song too loud.

Not teasing anything. Deals take time. Agreements hashed out. Then maybe a better offer comes along... Start all over again.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Haha, that was the only guitar I played this NAMM outside of the kalium booth. Felt pretty damn great. Probably still has some of my drool on it :yesway:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
What happened to the edge of the fingerboard? Looks a bit chewed on.
Looks like they rolled the edges of the fingerboard, but not in the cleanest of ways. Looks incredibly minor, though, and it being on the bass side it probably isn't even noticeable. Can't see the treble side, though.

Anyway, sweet guitar and sweet playing as always, man!

Happy NGD!

Last edited:

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
I posted a video in the GTR group on FB with their revised method of rolling the edges after our feedback from these prototypes. 12th January, if you'd like to see :) I can't seem to upload here unfortunately.