NGD: Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 Emerald Green

• Thread starter TimSE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not *all* together. I've got them kind of split up. Five of them are here with me in London (1997 Artist, 1999 Classic, 2000 Stealth, a 5-string Fly Bass, and a Southern NiteFly). The rest are stored back at my Dad's place in the US (a Deluxe, Mojo Singlecut, a NiteFly-M, and an older HSS NiteFly) [crap, that's nine, not eight. No one tell my partner!]

I have this shot of the US ones plus my Southern NiteFly from my last visit back to my dad's when I took them all out for cleaning and restringing (I carried the NiteFly back to London with me). Plus an old shot of the Classic and Stealth together.

View attachment 141162

View attachment 141163

The only refined one I have in the whole collection is the Deluxe. I do agree that the electronics setup is generally an improvement. You lose a tone-control on the piezo, but I don't really care much about that and I'd rather have the push-pull pots and more robust point to point wiring (none of my ribbon cables have gone out completely but the one in the Artist is a bit flakey sometimes and eventually I'll probably try to get them all converted to P2P).
Very nice collection. I really like that silver one.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Congrats! Sweet guitar. I love me my Parkers. Despite their retrofuturistic look and still-ahead-of-their-time design, they are the most organic sounding guitars I've ever played, bar none.

maccayoung

Reaction score
very nice guitar! I have a hardtail and it's crazy how light it is. I'm keep an eye on reverb/ebay for one with a trem but the prices just seem to be going up and up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Best guitars ever. They should still exist…perhaps one day.

7 string Parker is my profile pic.
Yea man a Maxxfly 7 is on my bucket list now. Rare af from what I can tell but if I get the chance, I'll jump on it for sure.