NGD/PSA Dean Exhibition Ultra 7 Acoustic

• Thread starter jsmalleus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jsmalleus

Reaction score
Something a little different this time, picked up a seven string acoustic-electric from MF since the price was right. Got it in last night and spent a little time with it and was quite impressed for what I paid ($199).

The action and intonation were both great, I just had to tune it up and off I went. Tuning was noticeably pleasant as well, I didn't have to fight the tuners to get the notes right where I wanted them, just nice and smooth. I've yet to plug it in to test the pickup, but acoustically it sounds great. I'm excited to be able to play some seven string jams unplugged and have it as an option for future recording as well.

I'll update with a few pics soon. I tried to take a couple real quick last night but my phone was dead and the battery is on the fritz, charged it for like 20 minutes and it just died right as I took the first pic. I'm not sure how long they'll be on sale though, so I figured I'd go ahead and post my thoughts in case other folks had an eye out for a seven string acoustic on the cheap. Here's a stock pic for now:

J21490000001000-02-900x900.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Not bad! I usually play in open-B for acoustic stuff, but it might be worth picking one of these up to see what I can do with it. Thanks for the heads-up!

exo

Reaction score

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Looks like a deal? My Ibanez nylon string 7 needs company and I can't spend the many thousands for the 7 string acoustic I dream of.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254753

May I ask the OP or other who knows for sure... where is it made? If that came out of World Musical in S. Korea I'm buying it for sure. If its still on sale for $199 It is as of 8pm Friday night in Seattle :cool:

Thank you JSMALLEUS for the tip :bowdown:

jorymil

Reaction score
It's made in China - see attached image. Apologies for not uploading more pics; it's the busiest weekend I've had in a while.

Attachments

• dean_exhibition_7.jpg
    dean_exhibition_7.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 6

jorymil

Reaction score
Mine's on order; should be here in a day or two ;-)

John

Update: picked it up yesterday night, but haven't had much time to test it out yet. Will post again once I've had a chance to test out the electronics, take some photos, and do a few higher-priority things in life ;-)

I should add that I purchased mine from GC - being able to check it out in person before walking off with it was a pretty big plus, otherwise I might have picked up an Ibanez AEL207 that's on Reverb right now.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Update: picked it up yesterday night, but haven't had much time to test it out yet. Will post again once I've had a chance to test out the electronics, take some photos, and do a few higher-priority things in life ;-)

I should add that I purchased mine from GC - being able to check it out in person before walking off with it was a pretty big plus, otherwise I might have picked up an Ibanez AEL207 that's on Reverb right now.

Thank you sir. Look forward to your impression added to the OP. Especially the fret work/nut/bridge. I sincerely appreciate the photo, thanks.