NGD RAN crusher 8 custom 30"

BigHandy

Reaction score
Mine came out to just Under $3500CDN after all shipping and import fees.
Mine took 14Months. (Crusher FF8 with a couple wood "upgrades").

Just as I expected, the Halo Guitar's custom calculator gave me around the same price, but maybe they work a bit faster... Looks like it will remain a desire for me for a while and stick to mass production ERGs...

Edit: I wasn't the Halo rather the Skervesen calculator, sry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speedos

Reaction score
you can't imagine how it was waiting for this guitar for more than a year...i couldn't even sleep on thursday night knowing that friday it will arrive. I felt 6 again around Christmas, waking up tirless more than 20 times a night to go check under tree and see if santa came. This guitar remembered me of that lost excitement ..damn

Schectersilence

Reaction score
That's beautiful and that neck pocket is one of the tightest over ever seen! I was really close to going with Ran for my custom, as they were happy to make a Crusher FF9. I know I'd have been really happy if I had, but I wanted to go to meet the luthier and I wanted it to be "local" (UK).

Unrelated, do Ran use CNC only? You can change so much, I imagine it'd be quite awkward on a CNC, so I presumed they use a combination of hand and CNC. Am I totally wrong?

chopeth

Reaction score
around 5.6 kg

What? isn't that too much even for a walnut/ovankgol 30'' eight stringer? all of my guitars are around 3.5 kg

Btw, congrats on that awesome piece of instrument, I am also waiting for the last month to get mine :yesway:

Speedos

Reaction score
What? isn't that too much even for a walnut/ovankgol 30'' eight stringer? all of my guitars are around 3.5 kg

Btw, congrats on that awesome piece of instrument, I am also waiting for the last month to get mine :yesway:
that is the flight case, the guitar itself is around 3.9-4kg

Unrelated, do Ran use CNC only? You can change so much, I imagine it'd be quite awkward on a CNC, so I presumed they use a combination of hand and CNC. Am I totally wrong?
Not sure about that m8, but if i'd have to guess it would be in combination, yeah

Peteus

Reaction score
I find it odd that they don't bond in the supports in the case. I mean a £160 case and they can't be arsed to finish it properly! Hope it plays better than my FF8 does.

Speedos

Reaction score
I find it odd that they don't bond in the supports in the case. I mean a £160 case and they can't be arsed to finish it properly!

-Well , from another point of view, i guess i can use this case for more guitars since it has these parts of foam that i can move around . Mine came really snug and fit though, and it doesn't really bother me to adjust the foam if it is needed :)
-The guitar plays fantastic... i wish i could try an ff8 as well, what don't you like about yours ?

Speedos

Reaction score
another short riff on the clean channel, this time with a shure sm57 and a scarlett 2i2 interface , recorded in audacity. Yet, i have no idea how to record. It seems that it still doesn't sound as authentic as it does in real life. I'm not sure how i can bring that awesome tone through the mic to the computer :( . On the "metal" channel it's even worse...in real life the walls crumble , inside the computer it is soulless and muddy
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/ran-crusher-custom-30-with-shure-sm57[/SC]
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/ran-crusher-8-custom-30-with-shure-sm57-clean-channel[/SC]

Speedos

Reaction score
made a small instrumental, i managed to capture a nicer tone this time with the shure
one is the instrumental with a small solo, the other is without. Hopefully my mixing isn't as bad as i think ( nor my playing ).

some feedback on these ones would be nice (how the mixing is, how the tone is , etc.)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/ran-crusher-8-30?in=proxxey/sets/ran-crusher-8-30-instrumental[/SC]
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/ran-crusher-8-30-instrumental?in=proxxey/sets/ran-crusher-8-30-instrumental[/SC]

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
^Can't say anything bad about mixing or playing. There's not much to mix anyway, though, so it's not really a best example to judge your mixing skills. As for the music, I really like it, especially with the solo.

Speedos

Reaction score
another more recent short post rock improv
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/warpigs-instrumental[/SC]

Latest posts