NGD: RG752AHM!!

• Thread starter Speedy!
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy!

Reaction score
Finally!

My first Prestige, and it’s a 7 string!

:banana:

IZVApaW

I can only play it unplugged til I get my Line6 Helix Floor tomorrow.

However, right off the bat I love it!

The neck feels perfect; not too fat, not too thin.

The playability is excellent.

I bought it from Rich an IbanezRules, and he took care of the fret ends for me, and set it up to play just like I wanted.

I can hardly wait to plug it in!!

The only fault I can find is that the trem arm is ridiculously tight... not sure how that’s gonna workout.

But, I am absolutely content with it.

:)

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
The trem arm being ridiculously tight is a huge plus, make no mistake. That just means the trem will move with the arm, as opposed to having wiggle room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwoods986

Reaction score
Congrats! Even though I can't see the pic -lol (maybe work is blocking?)

The bar should have 2 white washers on the part that goes into the trem. Remove 1 and see how you like it. If it's still tighter than you would like, remove the 2nd.

Speedy!

Reaction score
Finally!

https://imgur.com/gallery/IZVApaW

I bought it from Rich an IbanezRules, and he took care of the fret ends for me, and set it up to play just like I wanted.

The only fault I can find is that the trem arm is ridiculously tight... not sure how that’s gonna workout.

Speedy!

Reaction score
Looks awesome!!

What was wrong with the fret ends?

I was surprised to learn that most if not all Prestige guitars with maple fretboards do NOT get the Prestige fret end treatment.

I saw pics of the guitar that I bought from Rich BEFORE he worked on the frets, and they were pretty jagged. But he fixed them up and now they feel great!

Speedy!

Reaction score
Congrats! Even though I can't see the pic -lol (maybe work is blocking?)

The bar should have 2 white washers on the part that goes into the trem. Remove 1 and see how you like it. If it's still tighter than you would like, remove the 2nd.

Thanks for the hint!

I’ll try that out!

I tried to re-upload pics... maybe they’ll show up now.

Speedy!

Reaction score
Finally!

https://imgur.com/gallery/IZVApaW

Speedy!

Reaction score
How do I edit my original post?

I figured out how to add pics :)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
How do I edit my original post?

I figured out how to add pics :)
The forum only gives about a 1-2 hour window to edit a post, after that it's permanent. You'll have to make a new post.

Also, happy NGD!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I was surprised to learn that most if not all Prestige guitars with maple fretboards do NOT get the Prestige fret end treatment.

I saw pics of the guitar that I bought from Rich BEFORE he worked on the frets, and they were pretty jagged. But he fixed them up and now they feel great!

Cool. If you can find those pics and upload them for comparison that would be great!

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
This. One of my only complaints of Floyd’s is the looseness
Get the Floyd upgrade which is a press fit type arm. Completely fixes the collar/thread loose rattle issues on the Floyd. Should be standard on Floyd's IMHO. You can buy them off Floyd site.

trem licking

Reaction score
after a few trem arm insertions, the arm will loosen up a bit... and eventually you will have the opposite problem and you will have to replace those washers or heat em up with a lighter haha. the arm will never wiggle like a stock floyd arm/socket though.

for those with loose floyd arm sockets, try this : https://redbishop.jp/JP_MAGIK-ARM_FR.html this is essentially an edge pro socket. I have tried the floyd rose "upgrade" press in arm and it is a sloppy, cheap mess. it doesn't feel like there's play, but there is and the plastic insert cracks and distorts in not very much time. if you don't want to pay the price of the magik arm, the schaller (made for the schaller licensed floyd rose) arm and socket is pretty good but still a tiny bit of play.