NGD: Skervesen ChiRoptera

• Thread starter Pandaonslaught
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
Hey guys! I picked up my new Skervesen today from the post office, couldn't be more excited!
IMGP0056.png

IMGP0050.png

IMGP0047.png

IMGP0049.png

IMGP0046.png

IMGP0048.png

I haven't had too much time with it amped but I really like it so far. This is my first fanned fret/ multi-scale guitar. I was pretty nervous about it, but turns out it suits my hands very well and I really like the strings tensions across the neck. Have it tuned to E B G D A E A right now and don't feel any looseness on the low A. and I can't wait to mess around with the coil tap option.
Specs:
Scale - 25.5"/27"
Neck - 5 piece rosewood/ebony
Fretboard - Macassar ebony
Inlay- offset dots, perloid, Luminlay fret markers
Body - Black Limba, maple middle layer
Top - Quilted maple
Binding - Ivoroid neck
Bridge - ABM single saddles
Tuners - Hipshot locking
Raptor Headstock

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
Wow. stunning... truly. Take good care of it. and shred every day :shred: happy new guitar day

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score
beautiful guitar! Love blue. :shred::shred::shred::shred::yesway::yesway:

Black limba seems popular atm. I remember seeing a black limba Carvin (Body and neck). Such beautiful grain.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
HNGD, Nice choices for the wood. What is the neck profile like on these?

I was curious about this technically also and I emailed Maciek to get a more accurate description of the neck. I can only describes how it feels to me. it's thinner where the thumb meets the Low B string and thickens up a bit as you back up towards the High E. It's really comfortable for me, I normally play with my thumb touching the ebony strip closest to the high E string. Comes from playing Cello haha

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Beautiful finish and beautiful color! Those white/black pickups look fantastic with that finish/color. Very nice! Congrats!