NGD: Skervesen Raptor 7 (56k = Lots of time for you to guess the color)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This just arrived, so I haven't really had a ton of time with it just yet, so I will update with my thoughts, but so far I am digging it it.

Given that this guitar does take a lot of cues from Blackmachine, I was curious to see how similar it might be. Interestingly enough, it feels very different not only from my Blackmachines but also from all of my other guitars. Even feels different from my BlacKat which they partially "ghost" built. I think that's kinda cool, very unique.

Tonally, what I have gathered thus far is it has a lot of mid punch and attack, tighter in the low mids than some of my other 7s, but the low strings have this sort of lower timbre, reminds me of the tone you get from an extended scale even though it's 25.5. (I actually measured because I had to be sure!). I have to say I am pleasantly surprised to see how different my Juggernaut set sounds in different guitars, and this guitar is a prime example of that. More on that when I have some time to really check all the tones out!

Anyways, here are pics:
aCaegVc.jpg

FUPZTR6.jpg

nX9CDmW.jpg

5ZnHPQ2.jpg

Ukzx15G.jpg

SDQNq9H.jpg

yvE2Jp7.jpg

e354o8g.jpg

And here are specs:
Specs are:
Raptor Body
25.5 Inch Scale
Rosewood/Ebony Neck
Ziricote/Quilted Maple Split Fretboard
Quilted Maple Top with Blue Stain
Black Limba Body
Ivoroid Binding
Luminlay Side Dots
Bare Knuckle Pickups Juggernaut Set with Tyger Covers
Hipshot Locking Tuners
Hipshot Bridge
Skervesen "World Domination" Switching system.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxBenches

Reaction score
Holy .... that's smexy! Seriously jelly, as that guitar oozes of pure sex. HNGD man!

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
Wow, that's a gorgeous guitar, Misha!
I've always wanted to try and play a Skervesen... And a Blackat... And a Blackmachine... :lol:

Your guitars always look stunning! And blue is my favorite color so basically your whole lot o' guitars is like pr0n for me.

HNGD!

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Simple yet beautiful, I dig it! Any particular reason you went against one of their blueburst choices and went solid blue? Skervesen has some pretty crazy ones like "blue agate"

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
That black limba body, the pic of the back drops my jaws!!
I love black limba. Astonishing guitar dude. Skervesen truly delivers

TraE

Reaction score
That thing is crazy! The top is amazing and the woods used for the body and neck look so tasty. I also like the contour of the lip on the bottom left portion on the body as well.. super clean.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Blue ? How unanticipated. :D

I do have reservations about a split board like this, though. There is a possibility the two woods don't exactly age the same and some pressure/warping//holes could happen in the future.

Kleshas

Don Cheeto
Reaction score
I know what me and a box of tissues are doing later tonight when I get home. Congrats man!

Status
Not open for further replies.