NGD - SLAT3-7 in Green Swirl... :) And RGD320

• Thread starter rob_l
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
One other thing. Hardwareless cabinetry = WIN. I love that. Knobs always catch my cargo pockets and i fall and smash my face against the counter. Not cool.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
That looks hot. I still want to see what the damn transparent or natural finish is gonna look like before I start saving my $$$.

bibz

Reaction score
Nice pair dude! It really does look great in green too. Now you're a double NCHC member :lol:

rob_l

Reaction score
One other thing. Hardwareless cabinetry = WIN. I love that. Knobs always catch my cargo pockets and i fall and smash my face against the counter. Not cool.

I can definitely see that limiting the "cool" factor to any who would witness such painful horror - LOL!!! Between that and the 'Wave the kitchen is WIN!! :hbang::lol::lol:

Got to play this for a couple hours last nite, and intend to spend the bulk of today and tonite in the studio upstairs with it, after the EX picks up my son for the weekend. This is a really, really good guitar. I put it up against the best = My USA CS SL2-7 and beyond the gunstock neck, the only diff. were the fret ends - Couple quick strokes with a file killed that tho - It was truly minimal and something most probably wouldnt have noticed. I only bothered because the rest of the fret work was so impeccable. More to come... :wavey::shred:

bibz

Reaction score
Awesome comparison dude, nice to see it rates so high! I was over the moon with mine and thought this is all I need really. Hows the neck profiles compare? This guitar is so much easier then my old hellraiser to get around. Everyone thats played it has said the same (including my two 10 and two 12 year old guitar students :hbang: ).

And funny you mentioned the fret ends, whilst on the phone with my old man after I got it I ran my hands down and noticed they were really good! I must need some custom shops to allow a finer critique :)

rob_l

Reaction score
Is this Jackson a custom shop or a production guitar?

Production. I have a CS SL2-7 with Duncans but wanted a 7 as well. And thank god they did, it's less than 1/3 the price of my SL2-7 CS...

bibz - Yeah, it is surprising just how good the neck-thru JP Jacksons really are. I have 2 or 3 of the JP boltons and they dont suck either. Just seems to take 'em time to "settle" once they get down here in florida.... :shred:

vampiregenocide - I just have a thing for the GSW finish. It takes a lot more time (and yet it's the same price as Black) because they apply the black base, and then the green pearl and smear/twist saran wrap or something to get the effect. Same as Eerie Dess. Same kinda technique Caparison uses. :agreed:

Overall, after two nights dickin around with it in the studio - I would gladly recommend this guitar to anyone that wasnt ready for a custom. And, probably to a lot of people that were. It's a seriously beastly and highly playable guitar that has a lot of nice tones for an active guitar. The price point with hardshell is hard to beat.

And like I said, only Carvin steps up to the plate - And that's because of the endless combos, options and customer service.