[NGD] .strandberg* Boden 8 (custom-shop pickups)

• Thread starter ramses
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
My boden 8 had this issue as well, got the little plate for the high E and everything is perfect. It really sucked though cause I waited almost a year for my guitar to be built and then I couldn't really play it for the first month because the high E kept breaking. The problem was fairly obvious too, I would find it easy to snap the e just by barely tightening the locking screw.

When I stop being lazy I'll post a NGD for my Boden8.

Good to know that you got it fixed.

It is definitely disappointing, because the high-E-breaking issue is older than AstralEXRS itself. One would assume that they would be careful to test for it—an obvious test like you found yourself—to immediately apply the fix, which is both trivial and readily available.

I can only guess that this is part of a new small business trying to get the logistics under control.

I'll be waiting for your NGD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I hate that most 8 strings look like someone either slapped a fat neck on a 6 or they just look massive.

Strandberg 8s just look right.

Congrats

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Whew! Man, this is sooooo nice! Strandberg have really outdone themselves with this one! (Especially compared to all the numerous flawed axes that I've been hearing about lately from the Washburn run, as well as the S7G run of course.)

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate that most 8 strings look like someone either slapped a fat neck on a 6 or they just look massive.

Strandberg 8s just look right.

Congrats

That's actually one of the things I like about the guitar. The Boden8's proportions are very nice.

I'm not a big guy, but the Boden 7 looks kinda small on me. However, the Boden 8 is just perfect.

Whew! Man, this is sooooo nice! Strandberg have really outdone themselves with this one! (Especially compared to all the numerous flawed axes that I've been hearing about lately from the Washburn run, as well as the S7G run of course.)

My Boden 8 is not flawless. Please read my previous replies.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I somehow missed this but you definitely got one of the good ones! Nice! The back is probably more beautiful than my made-to-measure!

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I somehow missed this but you definitely got one of the good ones! Nice! The back is probably more beautiful than my made-to-measure!

I'm not sure about looking better than yours, but it is indeed a really nice back. I was actually surprised to see that they use a single piece of swamp ash for the body, instead of a two piece (which is usual for production instruments).