NGD: Tesl-ish 8 Build

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think @bostjan can help you if you want to add a 60Hz noise knob the original.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The free-est speech is the speech you set free*, and if it truly loves you, it will come back 😌

*delete completely to erase all evidence of one's terrible hairline
I'm glad Jeph didn't change his avatar here, or else sso might get bought out.

neurosis

Reaction score
I always miss these threads so I am thrilled that I stumbled upon this one. Do you have other builds done or in progress photos of them @Randy ? Still grateful for the direction/tips you gave for the touch ups I did to my Horizon.

This guitar is beautiful! Great job!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always miss these threads so I am thrilled that I stumbled upon this one. Do you have other builds done or in progress photos of them @Randy ? Still grateful for the direction/tips you gave for the touch ups I did to my Horizon.

This guitar is beautiful! Great job!
Thank you, I'm humbled by that. Glad I could help, SSO was instrumental in getting me into building and repairs so I'm always down to offer what knowledge I have.

As I talked about a little on a previous page, I've noticed that the more I post about projects "in progress" the more trouble I find completing them. So what I did with this was keep it under wraps until it was done and post the progress stuff afterward. Keeps me focused on getting it done before I can share it, more likely to finish and not just start and stop halfway.

That said, if anyone liked this one then I've got something else I'm working on that you might like. I've also got two commissioned builds for members on here that are in progress I'm sure will get posted at some point, and I've got a fresh stack of lumber for a 'yet to be decided' project that should kick off in the next few weeks. So there is more stuff on the way.

I do post some progress videos/pics in my IG stories for anyone interested, that's @jcedricguitars usually it's just rough cuts and piles of sawdust but some people might find that interesting 😅

neurosis

Reaction score
Thank you, I'm humbled by that. Glad I could help, SSO was instrumental in getting me into building and repairs so I'm always down to offer what knowledge I have.

As I talked about a little on a previous page, I've noticed that the more I post about projects "in progress" the more trouble I find completing them. So what I did with this was keep it under wraps until it was done and post the progress stuff afterward. Keeps me focused on getting it done before I can share it, more likely to finish and not just start and stop halfway.

That said, if anyone liked this one then I've got something else I'm working on that you might like. I've also got two commissioned builds for members on here that are in progress I'm sure will get posted at some point, and I've got a fresh stack of lumber for a 'yet to be decided' project that should kick off in the next few weeks. So there is more stuff on the way.

I do post some progress videos/pics in my IG stories for anyone interested, that's @jcedricguitars usually it's just rough cuts and piles of sawdust but some people might find that interesting 😅
Awesome! Thanks again for all the help. I'll be looking at that profile and search what else I have missed here. I knew you had the skills but wasn't aware you do full builds. For a while the @pondman threads and a few others were on my radar. Now I am having trouble to remember if I actively sought that stuff out or it was finding me on the front page. I'll check it out now that I am curious again.