NGD: Zimbloth's Two New Bernie Rico Jr 7-strings (Metallic Purple & Quilt Red)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Excellent, as always. :metal:

That red is fucking sick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Man, you love those BRJr V's. I love the finish on the purple one.

Lilarcor

Reaction score
Those are two unbelievably awesome guitars. Can't say which I like more. If they sound just half as good as they look, you must in tonal heaven ... well, or better tonal hell :evil:

Never seen (or heard) a Rebel Yell 7 before. How does it keep up with the rest of the BKP 7s?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those are two unbelievably awesome guitars. Can't say which I like more. If they sound just half as good as they look, you must in tonal heaven ... well, or better tonal hell :evil:

Never seen (or heard) a Rebel Yell 7 before. How does it keep up with the rest of the BKP 7s?

The Rebel Yell 7 is awesome. I'm probably the only guy in the universe with a RY7 and that's a shame. It's great. It's an alnico V pickup, but its very tight and aggressive with just enough of that sweetness on the high end. Superb superb lead tones and great for riffing too.

The output is comparable to the Painkiller model. It's an excellent pickup that is super defined, chunky, and (pardon the cliche) harmonically rich. It has a very lively sound. I love its balance of smoothness with midrange roar. I also like that its low-end response isn't woofy or flubby like a lot of other alnicos. It's not super saturated like some of the other models, but its got enough juice for sure. It may not be a great match in any guitar, but in most maple neck guitars I definitely recommend it.

Four songs on my bands 1st CD that we're recording now were tracked with this purple Vixen, so you can hear the pickup in action there for what that's worth when its ready.

:scratch: Wait I'm confused, how old are these pics? I though that spalted 6 had come into and left your shop a long time ago? Either way, sweet new guitars.

The pics are current. That spalted 6 is one I have on eBay currently. The customer who ordered that guitar ended up wanting something a bit different, so we're making him another guitar and I decided to keep that one as stock.

Holy cow Nick that's a serious NGDX2!!! Congrats. I can't believe you have 4 Vixens now that's bonkers. Now I imagine you might go missing from the forum for a week and play these new toys with all your amps at the shop.:hbang:

You said they both play differently, how much would you say the different BKP' models figure into this?

That metallic purple is a pretty sweet looking color.

Thanks Mike. They don't really play differently, they just sound different. The mahogany neck makes a huge, huge, huge difference. So warm, growly, and huge sounding. The purple one has balls too but its more snappy and raunchy with its maple neck.

The Painkiller is a bright pickup, but in the red Vixen it sounds pretty balanced. It has the tightness and attack but its so thick and juicy sounding. I love it. I love all of my Ricos really!

Sweet Rico's Nick. They look immaculate in all aspects. :yesway:

Excellent, as always. :metal:

That red is fucking sick.

Thanks dudes!

shoulda combined them, Purple quilt = ftw

I love purple quilts, and it was a consideration. However I wanted them like this and I'm happy with it :)

So true...that one feels like it's just gonna fly upwards and out of your hands from being so light :lol:

Yep, love it!

Man, you love those BRJr V's. I love the finish on the purple one.

Sure do man. I'd love any BRJ, he's the best. My next one will not be a Vixen though.

The purple metallic might be the nicest looking METHULS guitar I've ever seen.

Yep I love purple. This finish was inspired by an incredible paintjobI saw on a high-end sorts car. The kind of paint Bernie uses is top notch and he is a master of finish work, so I knew it would turn out great. The pics really don't do it justice.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Sure do man. I'd love any BRJ, he's the best. My next one will not be a Vixen though.

Ah, very nice. I was wondering if you'd get something other than a Vixen at some point. They're definitely metal and all, but I've never been able to get into Vs.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ah, very nice. I was wondering if you'd get something other than a Vixen at some point. They're definitely metal and all, but I've never been able to get into Vs.

That's cool, I know the shape isn't for everyone. My next one will be a Jekyll.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hi res family photo please? I need a new desktop background.

A new family photo is most definitely coming. However, my snow white one is currently @ Bernie's shop getting some Sperzels put on it. Once I get it back, I'll take a photo of the whole gang for sure :yesway:

Speaking of which, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that his white finish is fucking supreme - the best I've ever seen. Its so white that it practically glows. It makes any other white finish I've seen look off-white by comparison, and it will never yellow.

/random aside