NGD: Zimbloth's Two New Bernie Rico Jr 7-strings (Metallic Purple & Quilt Red)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They look fantastic! Both yours then? that puts you to 4. damn man :lol:.

mat091285

Reaction score
Sweet guitars and matching straploks \m/ ... btw how low is your string action setting for both guitars bass and treble string?

ykcirj

Reaction score
without a doubt you have some of the nicest guitars i have ever seen. Congratulations on the new axes!.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet guitars and matching straploks \m/ ... btw how low is your string action setting for both guitars bass and treble string?

I don't really measure it, I just go by feel. The action is pretty low on both of them. However I haven't really had a chance to set up the red one yet, as I just got it on Wednesday and immediately used it at a gig.

And yeah the straplocks are DiMarzio ClipLocks which I really love. Been using those forever as well :)

Hot stuff, it speaks volumes for a builder's quality when an exotic guitar dealer buys two of his guitars for his personal collection!

That's true, but I should point out I've playing Rico's stuff long before I started the business. Honestly he was one of my main motivations for doing it. I wanted to sell things I am passionate about, and Bernie Rico Jr guitars were high up on that list.

without a doubt you have some of the nicest guitars i have ever seen. Congratulations on the new axes!.

Thank you dude.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
the vixen shape isn't my thing, but the finishes on both of those are fucking gorgeous, congrats man

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Nick, You should uhhh....................make some vids! :wub: - I'm sure Bernie Rico Jr would appreciate it, along with a lot of people on SS.org.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
If you'll excuse me, I need to go change my pants. :lol:

The Vixen shape is one of the very few V shapes I like and would enjoy playing. :hbang:

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
Sheeeeiit dude those look amazing.:scream::scream::scream: I imagine those cost a pretty penny... :eek: but definitely look like they're worth it. Glad they sound different though, because otherwise I'd be wondering why bother owning two practically identical guitars...

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Sweet axes man, both have really nice finishes. Some serious no-nonsense guitars there! :shred:

yacker

Reaction score
:scratch: Wait I'm confused, how old are these pics? I though that spalted 6 had come into and left your shop a long time ago? Either way, sweet new guitars.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Holy cow Nick that's a serious NGDX2!!! Congrats. I can't believe you have 4 Vixens now that's bonkers. Now I imagine you might go missing from the forum for a week and play these new toys with all your amps at the shop.:hbang:

You said they both play differently, how much would you say the different BKP' models figure into this?

That metallic purple is a pretty sweet looking color.