NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the awards and the draft are over and the prospect camps have started, time to move from the 2010-2011 to 2011-2012 thread :lol:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
July 18th

The season seems so far away right now :(
I'm sick of seeing Baseball, Golf and Tennis all over the sport channel here lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Kovalev is going back to Russia. Talented guy, overrated player, he was fun to watch when he wanted to play with the others in the team

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kovalev is going back to Russia. Talented guy, overrated player, he was fun to watch when he wanted to play with the others in the team

Looks that way

Report: Kovalev heading to KHL - 2011 Offseason News

It was a shame as he had a shot in Pittsburgh, but he really didn't do much to take advantage of it. You can't consistently take stupid penalties and fail to put the puck in the net and expect to get resigned :2c: It was pretty clear he wasn't going to be here at the end of game 7 when he wasn't on the ice for the 6 on 5 when he hadn't had a shift for a LONG time :lol:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Looks that way

Report: Kovalev heading to KHL - 2011 Offseason News

It was a shame as he had a shot in Pittsburgh, but he really didn't do much to take advantage of it. You can't consistently take stupid penalties and fail to put the puck in the net and expect to get resigned :2c: It was pretty clear he wasn't going to be here at the end of game 7 when he wasn't on the ice for the 6 on 5 when he hadn't had a shift for a LONG time :lol:

Honestly to me he always, always, seemed to appear to have this attitude of " I'm too good to be playing with this team so I'll just fill the slot until someone decent picks me up "

His career took a significant nosedive after Pittsburg traded him in '03, his performance with Ottawa was a waste of $5 million and when Pittsburgh picked him up for the playoffs last year they would of been better off putting a pilon out in the middle of the ice.

Good riddance I say.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't hate on Kovalev as he was fantastic when he was in Pittsburgh on the line with Straka and Lang.

His second stint the main problem was that his back checking just wasn't strong enough so he took a lot of stupid, lazy penalties :2c: That and he never really adapted to the system the Pens play, which is obviously not going to work :lol:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Eh, it's Kovalev :shrug::lol:

I'm pretty sure that he put up the worst 84-point season of all time in Montreal. The team finished first and it seemed like everyone on the team was playing over their heads, as they had, I believe, 7 players to score over 20 goals and 50 pts (hell, even Chris Higgins scored 27 goals that season :lol:), with Kovalev leading the way, and still, he was arguably the laziest, most laissez-faire player in the league, let alone on the team. Except for maybe that game against Toronto where he deked the entire team out of their pants, and then while still controlling the puck, absolutely leveled Darcy Tucker. Classic.

Powermetalbass

Powermetalbassist
Reaction score
So I'm a leafs fan (I'm sure I'll get alot of slack for that) Anyway, based on the moves made and the up and coming potential from the team anybody wanna make a prediction for how the leafs will fair in the coming season?

I see improvment and if Reimer performs the way he did last year I see a playoff spot!

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Awesome. I feel like it's gonna be another season wading in the 8-11 area of the Western Conference. Still not excited about this defense, and despite gaining some forward depth, Brad Richards is still gone. I hate Tom Hicks so much.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome. I feel like it's gonna be another season wading in the 8-11 area of the Western Conference. Still not excited about this defense, and despite gaining some forward depth, Brad Richards is still gone. I hate Tom Hicks so much.

I'll be curious to see how the Stars do this year... they seem to be moving players like they're rebuilding... without actually rebuilding :lol:

The Pens are looking... interesting... for this season. I'm not sure what they're up to since they currently have 8 defensemen signed... I just hope they don't make the third pairing Lovejoy and Niskanen as they both have identical problems on the ice and DO NOT make an effective pairing.

That and I'm not holding my breath for Crosby to be back anytime soon if he's still having symptoms occasionally while working out.

I think for the Pens this season it's going to boil down to staying healthy, so we'll see what happens...

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
It has been announced today that Quebecor Media and the city of Quebec have came to an agreement about the built of a multifonctional arena. This could mean that the return of the Nordiques would happens pretty soon.

What are your thoughts on that? I don't live near that town (or even near Montreal), so that means that the money I gave to the government will be used for something I will probably never use (well, if the Nords come back, I might go check a couple of game though), but on the other hand, a lot of the tax-payers money is going to random shit stuff, so I'm not really bothered and I now hope to see them Nords back, as they were my favorite team

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Very cool. I do have to say I REALLY hope that if the NHL starts adding more teams they go to scheduling more like the NFL has so that more teams don't add more games. 82 games in a season is more than enough, and I think we're seeing more injuries by/during playoff time as a result of the long season :2c:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
^ Very cool. I do have to say I REALLY hope that if the NHL starts adding more teams they go to scheduling more like the NFL has so that more teams don't add more games. 82 games in a season is more than enough, and I think we're seeing more injuries by/during playoff time as a result of the long season :2c:

I agree with you, 82 games of this intense sport in a year is more than enough to destroy someone's body. I believe that if the Nords comeback one day, it will be because one of the economically endengered (correct my spelling if im wrong there lol) american teams will be moved before a new team would be created, although 32 teams could also be fun, and their should be a way to keep it at 82games/year with two extra teams.

Either way, I want my Nords!

Status
Not open for further replies.