NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Every game I've watched so far this year has every team looking sloppy, that's just how things are at the beginning of the season I guess. I seem to notice it more and more recently, maybe just because I've learned more about the sport. (I finally started playing a bit myself after wanting to for years, most exhausting thing ever :lol:)

That's awesome. I've always wanted to play, unfortunately, the only part of skating that I have mastered is falling.:lol: Just don't have the time to really learn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crosby is cleared for contact :woot:

Crosby Takes Next Step: Full Contact - Pittsburgh Penguins - Features

Now to deal with the press asking him daily if he's playing in the next game when everybody knows damn well it will be at least weeks before he plays :lol:

Hopefully Geno is smart and sits tonight against the Caps if he's still injured... I'd much prefer him to take another game off then irritate an existing injury and be out for more games :2c:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I absolutely can not believe Vokoun made 39 of 41 saves for the Caps and didn't get a star of the game tonight. He was the only reason the Caps won that game :2c:

On the bright side the Pens now have at least a point in each their first five games :yesway:

EDIT: Loving Ovechkin complaining about Asham fighting Beagle... perhaps if Beagle isn't a fighter he shouldn't have punched Letang in the face after a clean hip check... that was the reason Asham went after him :2c:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
My fantasy team is being complete garbage! I blame the fact that both of my goalies, Lundqvist and Hiller have only played 2 games, one being against each other. Add to that, two of my centers, Ryan Getzlaf and Logan Couture have only played 2 and 1 games respectively, and Havlat still hasn't been cleared to play and I'm last place in my league. Thank god for Phil Kessel :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the scheduling is just bizarre... the Pens have played 5 games already but most of the rest of the league has only played 2 or 3 :nuts:

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Brooks Laich tired of concussion talk. This just kind of irked me, especially seeing as his team part of the reason that Crosby is not playing right now. I'm not saying that the hit at the Winter Classic was intentional, because it wasn't, but to say you're "tired" of hearing about concussion talk :scratch:. Well I'm tired of there being concussions so why not try and protect players and make sure they are ok to play after suffering nasty hits?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Laich is apparently a moron... he's "tired" of common sense medical procedures? Beagle was literally knocked out and bleeding and couldn't get up and make it to the bench on his own. He's totally right, evaluating him for a concussion was a TERRIBLE idea :rolleyes:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the Pens get their first regulation loss this season... Buffalo looks GREAT defensively, they were really all over the place block shots and lifting sticks.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Wings just played their 4th game tonight and don't play again until Friday - how do you guys have so many games in already? :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wings just played their 4th game tonight and don't play again until Friday - how do you guys have so many games in already? :lol:

The schedulers hate the Pens? Seriously the Pens play every other day more or less until the second week of November then they have 4 days off :lol:

The second set of back-to-back games are Monday/Tuesday this week...

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
And the Pens get their first regulation loss this season... Buffalo looks GREAT defensively, they were really all over the place block shots and lifting sticks.

I fully expect Buffalo to challenge for top spot in the NE division this year. Their defense is just way too strong with the additions of Ehrhoff and Regehr, especially playing in front of one of the best goaltenders in the league. If Vanek can stay hot and Ennis and Adam can continue to improve this year, they're going to be tough to beat.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fully expect Buffalo to challenge for top spot in the NE division this year. Their defense is just way too strong with the additions of Ehrhoff and Regehr, especially playing in front of one of the best goaltenders in the league. If Vanek can stay hot and Ennis and Adam can continue to improve this year, they're going to be tough to beat.

Couldn't have said it better myself :yesway:

Looks to be another wonderful night for the Pens... they're down 0-1 8 seconds into the game against the Jets :lol:

EDIT: aaaand the Pens manage to lose to the current worst team in the NHL by only scoring one goal on a goaltender with a 4 GAA :facepalm:

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Well, Brian Strait wasn't in the lineup very long. :noplease: Atleast James Neal is stepping up! But still, there are a lot of times that the defense looks confused. I would like to see the defense from last year come back.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ :agreed: You have to keep in mind though that Bylsma keeps juggling the defensive pairings and as of last night you've got Orpik and Letang both out of the lineup. I do wonder if Martin is sick or injured though, as he hasn't looked like himself for the last few games.

In unrelated news, holy crap the Rangers beat the Canucks 4-0 :eek:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good: Orpik is back in tonight

Bad: Kennedy has a concussion so he'll be out for quite a while and Strait hyper-extened his elbow and is out for at least weeks (more bad news for the baby Pens though as Orpik is back and Letang is back form suspension after tonight)

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
It now time for me to bash on the only team that I can follow on television: The Montreal Canadiens.

After 6 games, they are 1-4-1. It wouldn't really bothers me normally at this point of the season, but yesterday's game agains't the Pens was totally shameful... Absolutely no control of the puck whatsoever, it was always really hard to get out of their zone, almost no good chances of scoring... it was plainly a boring game to watch. The defensive is allowing easy play to go in the defensive zone and have a lot of trouble containing breakaways. The attack is boring to a level unacceptable in the NHL. Right now, its totally going the same way it did last year, I mean a pretty boring season with a last chance spot to the playoffs. I usually put the blame on the players, for not putting enough heart in their playing, but right now it seems that the trouble is behind the players every games.

Yes, I'll bash the coach. This guy is as boring as his team. He have an handful of good players (Gionta, Cammaleri, Cole, Subban, Paccioretty, Price, ect), but they don't seems to be able to adapt their play to Martin's game. They score on fantasy play once in a while, but rarely do so when using Martin's strategy. 2 goals in power play, one on a 5-on-3, one on a 4-on-3, out of 6 games. How do you call that? Totally useless, yes.

So, I have enough with that team as long as they will be that boring to watch. Problem is that the only other team that are shown on RDS on a somehow regular basis are the Sens... I'm doomed, bring me back my Nords godammit!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep in mind Montreal also has 3 of 6 starting defensemen out of the lineup and were playing a Pens team that's looking really good despite some serious injuries.

Also, as a Pens fan I thought the game was a blast :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.