NHL 2014 - 2015

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Game 6 looked like a standard Caps elimination game to me. Holtby crashed back to earth hard. Ovechkin and Backstrom have been missing in action. No points for Ovechkin in 4, none for Backstrom in 5. Even the Marshmallow Man Rick Nash, he of 6 career playoff goals manged to find the net tonight. How man 3-1 series leads can you blow?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, I watched the 3rd period of last night's Calgary/Anaheim game and it looked like the Flames could've taken it. Apparently I was wrong and they lost in OT :(

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Aaaaand its over. Oh well, it was a good year.

Wonder what they'll do this summer, team is pretty strong as it is but could use a decent goal scorer, I love Pac but he's not necesseraly considered a sniper and he could have someone else assigned to fill the net.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
And the Caps reinvent ways to rip out the fans hearts year after year. It just wouldn't be the playoffs without the sound of choking.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the Caps reinvent ways to rip out the fans hearts year after year. It just wouldn't be the playoffs without the sound of choking.

Eh as someone who is not particularly a fan of either team that was an amazing series. Definitely hard to watch when it's your team losing though (watched the same thing happen to the Pens last year :lol:)

I'm looking forward to the two Conference finals a lot.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Sure it was a close series and they didn't get blown out in game 7 like normal, but moral victories are worthless in the sport. They were 1:41 from advancing and managed to create new and inventive ways to choke. I didn't think it was even possible for your goalie to put up a .944 SV% with 1.71 GAA over 14 games and still lose. But anything is possible when it comes to the Capitals.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson of TB is leading the NHL in Playoff goals (11) and points (16).

He also went undrafted.

And he was selected in the WHL draft years ago in the 11th round.

He really slipped under everyone's radar. Damn.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah Johnson has been freaking amazing... I watch the young talent other teams have found (Johnson, the kid the Hawks are signing form the KHL that is a point a game scorer) and wish the Pens had a real GM and scouting staff. While most other GMs were at the worlds scouting talent I believe Rutherford sat home with his thumb up his ass... there hasn't even been any talk of him talking to players beyond letting Adams know they're not resigning him.

That said I am actually really enjoying watching the playoffs without any real care of the series outcomes :lol:

PS Depres is a +7 with 6 points so far this post-season with Anaheim while Lovejoy ended with 2 points and a -3... great trade there Rutherford :wallbash:

richcastle66

Prog is Life
Reaction score
Love that the Capitals can't seem to beat the Rangers in the playoffs anymore :lol:

This ECF is gonna be crazy tho, Game 3 tonight LGR :hbang:

Pav

???
Reaction score
Mike Babcock is now the head coach of the Leafs. Not to get ahead of anything yet, but our usual bottom feeders in Toronto and Edmonton may have finally turned their respective corners.

Maybe.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Having grown up watching the Habs/Leafs rivalry, I'm very happy to see Babcock in Toronto :yesway:

Although McLellan has been successful, I never got a feel for him as a coach, but I suppose he should be good for Edmonton.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I wasn't really referring to Todd McLellan in Edmonton, more like they finally have a GM with proven competence.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't really referring to Todd McLellan in Edmonton, more like they finally have a GM with proven competence.

I was referring to a decent coach and GM that might get them some defense to go with their massively talented forward group :lol: If they get a sound system and some defense in place Edmonton is going to be one scary team :2c:

RustInPeace

Reaction score
People starting to fear Edmonton?

hqdefault.jpg

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've said for a long time that Edmonton would be a dangerous team if they had anything on the blueline to go with their forwards and a system for them to work in. Watching them against the Pens they seem to have a lot of skill and speed but no organization or defense.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Yup the D and G have been awful for years, with some bad decisions like trading Petry and signing Nikitin. But we got a lil stud named Darnell Nurse coming soon..

Pav

???
Reaction score
If Edmonton can learn to nurture their young talent instead of stomping it into the ice, anything is possible.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
ANA/CHI last night was insane. Tied 1-1 game going into the 3rd, tight game, then the Hawks pull ahead 3-1 before the Ducks take the lead with 3 consecutive goals in just under 40 seconds. Hawks later tie it up and eventually take it in 2OT. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts