NHL 2018 - 2019

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Hockey season is upon us!

Interesting cheap two way deal to add this guy to the Caps for depth. Looks pretty skilled, just not sure where he fits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Ahhhh... Habs rookies are playing their first exhibition game tonight and losing 4-0 at 2nd intermission... to Ottawa. This is a nice reality check for the season I can expect from the real Habs :lol:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I've never been less excited for the Stars :lol:

Although I am very much looking forward to Heiskanen in the NHL.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pens have gotten crushed in both the tournament games this weekend... We've got some time left but the longer-term future is not so bright :lol:

The kid they're talking about the most is Calen Addison, a 5'10" 180lb defenseman.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Finally traded away Pacioretty... was so tired about all the rumors, getting almost as bad as the situation in Ottawa. Not a great return, but I suppose it was to be expected.

Make Gallagher captain now!!

AdamMaz

Reaction score
It will nice to see Pacioretty rejoin coach Gallant and play with a real centerman, likely Statsny.

Regarding the return in the trade, Tatar is a good 2-way player and 4-time 20 goal scorer, but the blue-chip prospect Suzuki is the key of the deal. 13th pick overall in 2017, back-to-back ~100 point seasons in ~65 games, junior, 19 years old.

Despite Poehling looking like a bonafide top-2 center, with Kotkaniemi projecting very likely to be the same, it looks like Suzuki is going to be even better than both of them. When I think of some of the other centers we drafted this year that look pretty good too, we are going to have a very scary lineup of centers in a couple of years. I'm more than happy to be patient for our young forward group to develop a couple more seasons and to give management time to remodel our crappy defense corp.

Wonder how this will shake up the trade market, and Erik Karlsson?

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Karlsson to the Sharks for forwards Chris Tierney and Rudolfs Balcers , defenseman Dylan DeMelo, the rights to unsigned forward Joshua Norris, a first-round pick in the 2019 or 2020 NHL Draft, a second-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and two conditional draft picks.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
With Burns and Karlsson it would be like playing with 5 forwards.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
With Burns and Karlsson it would be like playing with 5 forwards.
I hope that they not only kill it like that, but make such a shockwave that the league adopts the trend, in terms of team-play style.

Back to the trade, I must say that I am underwhelmed by the return.

In other news, Seguin resigns with Dallas for 8y/9.85$

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Karlsson is first and Burns second in points for defenseman since 2014-2015. Both like to play a whole lot, wonder now they will split the time, they both play the right side.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if they made Burns a permanent forward with Karlsson now being the core of the defense side; it'd make sense since they did lose Marleau to Toronto, bring another veteran up to the front

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought sure Ottawa was going to end up sitting on him until they lost him to free agency :lol:

The return is... interesting but it beats what I expected them to get. It'll be fun seeing how this works out for the Sharks.