NHL 2022-2023

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I’m actually kind of excited to see the Caps play a real game tonight. Kuemper obviously a huge improvement in net for them. But the addition of Strome and Brown were underrated. Brown is playing on the first line with Ovechkin/Kuznetsov and Stome is playing with Mantha/Protas. Protas also made the team out of camp and looked really good. Team is still ancient, though they did manage to slip to 2nd oldest this year.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m actually kind of excited to see the Caps play a real game tonight. Kuemper obviously a huge improvement in net for them. But the addition of Strome and Brown were underrated. Brown is playing on the first line with Ovechkin/Kuznetsov and Stome is playing with Mantha/Protas. Protas also made the team out of camp and looked really good. Team is still ancient, though they did manage to slip to 2nd oldest this year.
Hopefully my Bruins can make them 0-1 ;) beware of the Czech Line!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You're welcome :lol:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Hopefully my Bruins can make them 0-1 ;) beware of the Czech Line!
Well after one they are making them look pretty good. Caps looked like a rusty dumpster on fire so far.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well after one they are making them look pretty good. Caps looked like a rusty dumpster on fire so far.
We lost the momentum for a little while but a good win overall. New coach and we were missing a few good players

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
We lost the momentum for a little while but a good win overall. New coach and we were missing a few good players
Kuemper is going to have to get used to being hung out to dry, this isn’t Colorado. Some embarrassing D on that last goal Krejci scored in particular. Caps PP is a bigger embarrassment, how Forsythe remains employed is a mystery.

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
idk what it is but there always seems to be a stark contrast between preseason games and the first game.
Preseason Tor and Mont had agressive games. Toronto had an interesting game last night, won, thankfully.
Im excited to see more Samsonov for sure. Nov 6 game will be a tough one for me, Canes and Tor. :ugh:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Pens beat up Arizona... not a shocker there. Curious to see how they do against Tampa tomorrow night.

On the bright side one of the big question marks was Kapanen and he looked good and had a goal so hopefully that keeps up.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well any excitement I had for the Caps only took 48 hours to vanish That PP is an absolute embarrassment, it deserves to be tarred and feathered at center ice. Not a single thing has changed, everyone stands still and force feeds Ovi the puck. Also toss in to that at least 4-5 errant passes from Carlson to somewhere other than Ovi’s stick so he can either chase it down and repeat the process or the PK can clear the zone. The second line with Strome centering Protas and Mantha looks good though, I think they are going to stick together. First line has been abysmal, Brown looks scared not to pass to Ovi and Kuznetsov appears to be on his typical Bad/Good/Bad season cycle.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I wasn't too optimistic about the Stars coming into the season, figured it would take a while for them to figure out the new system, but last night the absolutely took it to Nashville, and looked great doing it. Cautiously optimistic at this point. Wyatt Johnson even became the 3rd youngest player in Stars history to score his first goal in his first game, barely a month over 19 years old.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow Murray is off to a great start in Toronto... .826 save percentage and a loss to the Habs in his only start and left the morning skate today with an apparent groin injury so is probably out for the game against Ottawa.

EDIT: and Murray is on LTIR and expected to miss 4 weeks

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Bruins should have a great season, the 3rd and 4th lines tore it up last night, the Czech line is playing well, Marchand and McAvoy are still out but will make the team better when they return. They had 6 Czech players on the ice last night!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the NHL needs math help... Jarry has played 2 games and given up 2 goals in each yet has a GAA of 2.01 according to the website :lol:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I think the NHL needs math help... Jarry has played 2 games and given up 2 goals in each yet has a GAA of 2.01 according to the website :lol:
That's goals per 60 minutes, if he played slightly less than 60 due to being pulled or being on the bench on a delayed power play then the number will go slightly up. NHL website is probably rounding up to 120 minutes for the site, but using actual ice time for the calculation.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, fully intend on seeing the Stars in Pittsburgh on Dec 12th.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's goals per 60 minutes, if he played slightly less than 60 due to being pulled or being on the bench on a delayed power play then the number will go slightly up. NHL website is probably rounding up to 120 minutes for the site, but using actual ice time for the calculation.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, fully intend on seeing the Stars in Pittsburgh on Dec 12th.

Ah derp... yeah he was off the ice for a few seconds on a couple delayed power plays

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
Is this the MO for the Leafs this season? 3rd period underdogs. Makes me sweat thinking about it lol.
I must have missed what happened to Samsonov…..

Edit. Spoke too soon….shame.
What a chaotic 35 seconds.

Last edited:

Latest posts