NHL 2022-2023

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
If you were to speculate, what do think will happen with Oettinger and Robertson? I'm thinking they will have to bridge deal at least one of them and use Pavelski's cap space next season to keep them both.

so check this out...

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Oettinger resigns 3yx4m. I imagine consequently the Robertson dossier will see some development.

3 more years for Sullivan as well in PIT. I guess they really are doubling down on the aging core.

NotAHoarder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sullivan? I figured that dude overstayed his welcome quite some time back, wow

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sullivan? I figured that dude overstayed his welcome quite some time back, wow

Historical precedent says he'll be fired before the end of the contract, so should be interesting :lol:

My biggest concerns right now are the age of the team and DeSmith, as he really needs to step up and be a reliable backup so the Pens don't have to ride Jarry as hard this season. DeSmith struggling and not playing a decent number of games was a big problem last season as Jarry just looked fatigued by the end of the season prior to getting injured.

NotAHoarder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well lets just say I'm on the exact opposite side of the Pittsburgh fence, if you catch my drift... so i wish them the best of luck, as long as it's all bad

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Glad they got Oettinger signed. Assuming they send Khudobin (or Wedgewood) to the AHL they've got around 7.5mil to sign Robertson with.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bruins brought back Krejci and re signed Bergeron, they can make a serious run this season. New coach though..

NotAHoarder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm concerned with the Kuemper signing. We have good D men but not like the Avs do. I feel a little buyer's remorse in GMBM's future

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Nick Suzuki has been named the new captain of the Habs, with Gallagher and Edmundson still being the assistant.

This basically means that we traded a former captain (Max Paccioretty) for the future one.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nick Suzuki has been named the new captain of the Habs, with Gallagher and Edmundson still being the assistant.

This basically means that we traded a former captain (Max Paccioretty) for the future one.
Youngest in team history, too. The kid looks like the real deal.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Prospect tournament tonight gave us our first good look at Slafkovsky. We already knew he was a monster, but he recently weighed in at 238 lbs, making him already the 5th heaviest amongst all NHL players (at only 18 years old!). To illustrate this, check this clip from tonight... comes up the wing, hits the hash marks and cuts to the middle, opposing player comes in for the Scott Stevens hit and Slaf barely even budges :lol:

I very much liked Owen Beck after hearing him in post-draft interviews and was pleased with what I saw in tonight's highlights. I am confident he has what it takes to be an NHL regular.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
PK Subban and Zdeno Chara both announced that they are retiring.

Fun fact: with Chara's retirement, it also means that no active players ever played in a Playoff's second round agains't the Leaf anymore.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PK Subban and Zdeno Chara both announced that they are retiring.

Fun fact: with Chara's retirement, it also means that no active players ever played in a Playoff's second round agains't the Leaf anymore.

Yeah Subban is a legend in his own mind and refused to take a pay cut... not surprising nobody wanted to pay him given his level of play. He'll be a commentator somewhere probably for the new season.