NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, are the Rangers the last team that doesn't live by stick grabbing and interference? (Well, Edmonton, but I expect them to get knocked out, too.)

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Stars closed it out 2-1 in double ot...
Can't believe the game went til almost 2am ET. What a win though, Duchene getting the game winner was almost poetic, believe it's the first time hes made a conference final?

And the no goal call was absolutely idiotic, those refs should be ashamed, as should the league.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't believe the game went til almost 2am ET. What a win though, Duchene getting the game winner was almost poetic, believe it's the first time hes made a conference final?

And the no goal call was absolutely idiotic, those refs should be ashamed, as should the league.

Pffft that's nothing... we were at the 5OT Pens Flyers game in 2000. Was absolutely horrible, the Pens lost and I had to be at work the next morning where "next morning" was about 2 hours after we got home :rofl:

Third longest game in NHL history and the longest since the 1930s

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Pffft that's nothing... we were at the 5OT Pens Flyers game in 2000. Was absolutely horrible, the Pens lost and I had to be at work the next morning where "next morning" was about 2 hours after we got home :rofl:

Third longest game in NHL history and the longest since the 1930s
I was at the 4 OT Caps/Pens game in 1996. That one ended with less than a minute left in the 4th OT. Lemieux got tossed out in regulation. Juneau got a 2nd OT penalty shot and skated straight at the goalie full speed and shot right into his chest. Worst PS ever… he was so awful after that big rookie season in Boston.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
McDavid has been on EDM too long and played too well to have not earned a cup by this point in his career

The cup is a team effort - no matter how good one player is, he can't carry an entire team to the finals. The team as a whole is poised to be a solid cup contendor for the next few years, assuming there isn't any core personnel shifts, though tbh I feel like if they don't at least make the finals this year, Draisaitl is gone.

Downtown Edmonton was ridiculously loud last night - I was probably 15+ blocks away from the arena and could hear chanting and various other shenanigans.

Regardless of the outcome, a 7 game series is always nice to see. They played a full 60 minutes last night and it paid off in spades, though I'm still shaky about Skinner in net. If the boys manage to take out Vancouver tomorrow, I'm not especially confident they have Dallas's number, afterwards. The Stars are a phenomenal team - the emotional roller coaster to potentially have my two favorite teams in the WCF 🥲

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Between the 2, I'm rooting for the oilers and it looks like they're up 3-0 as I type this...

I'm at work and can't watch it at the moment, but I'll check out the highlights later tonight

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Oilers in 7, let's gooo! You guys should see this city right now. Orange and blue wherever you go.

Absolutely not expecting to get past Dallas now, but I'm just happy to be here, ya know?

Hopefully the Canucks continue to be a stellar team next season and beyond. Tocchet really made something special happen there.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
And Boston is out...

Call it copium, but as a fan I was pretty okay with how it ended. This year was a glorified bridge year and the team had several jags and guys past their prime. I expected another first round exit, so to go down in the second was pretty good, all things considered.

If they lock up swayman and make 3 or so meaningful signings this off-season, they can set themselves up for a potential run next season. Maybe a 3rd round exit upgrade lol

I'm rooting for the oilers at the moment like m3ch.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call it copium, but as a fan I was pretty okay with how it ended. This year was a glorified bridge year and the team had several jags and guys past their prime. I expected another first round exit, so to go down in the second was pretty good, all things considered.

If they lock up swayman and make 3 or so meaningful signings this off-season, they can set themselves up for a potential run next season. Maybe a 3rd round exit upgrade lol

I'm rooting for the oilers at the moment like m3ch.

Yeah given the turnover Boston had a great year