NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
techno, what's the case for Crosby's nomination for the Masterton? Why this year in particular?

Meanwhile, Dallas is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league, has the best goal differential in the league, only has 1 ppg player, 1 30 goal scorer (and he's only 20!), and will likely end the season with 8 20+ goal scorers, and no forward plays even 19 minutes in a game.
If this isn't "the dream", I don't know what is.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
techno, what's the case for Crosby's nomination for the Masterton? Why this year in particular?

If this isn't "the dream", I don't know what is.

I honestly have no idea why this year in particular... only thing I can think is because he tied Gretzky's 19 point per game seasons record. I mean every team gets a nominee and the Pens had nothing crazy like Letang coming back from a stroke or something.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Stars have been looking great, especially lately...hope that will carry into the playoffs. I remember back at 99 when they won the cup and how crazy it was. Kinda feels like that again...

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Stars have been looking great, especially lately...hope that will carry into the playoffs. I remember back at 99 when they won the cup and how crazy it was. Kinda feels like that again...
Team feels special. Hopefully Oetter can keep up his level of play over the last month or so.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok where the hell did this Pens team come from and why didn't they get here 10 games ago? 10 minutes down in the first and they have not allowed Tampa a shot yet. This is insane.

EDIT: I can't handle that kind of stress :rofl:

EDIT2: Holy shit they're actually in a playoff spot at the moment!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Caps have imploded at the right time, I’d rather not watch them finish third in the Metro to be blown out of the playoffs by CAR or finish in the 2nd wild card to be blown out by BOS/NYR.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meh at this point the Pens are likely going to finish too high to have a first round pick this year so as a fan I'd like to see the organization / city make the additional millions of dollars a playoff series brings in. Even if they do get knocked out in the first round :lol:

That said I have no idea what will happen if they get in as they are literally beating everybody right now. If they can keep it up might actually end up with an interesting series.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Pens probably fair better in a series against those teams anyway. Caps were held up by Lindgren stealing games, Ovi scoring 21 in 30 games since Jan 27 (only Matthews and Hyman have had more) and some general puck luck. But a team sitting a -40 goal differential has no business in the playoffs. At least they made the right choice at the deadline and collected picks. They shed Kuznetsov/Backstrom this season which was a great start at getting younger. Every goal Ovi scores is one step closer to not just the record, but an actual rebuild.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah based on the season in general they stand no chance... but they just beat NY and Carolina in the past week. It is crazy how this team is performing right now.

That said they also lost to Columbus sooooooo.... :rofl:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
That said I have no idea what will happen if they get in as they are literally beating everybody right now. If they can keep it up might actually end up with an interesting series.
Once you're in the playoffs, all bets are off!

Every goal Ovi scores is one step closer to not just the record, but an actual rebuild.
Poetic and well put.

---------------------------------------

5 teams in a near dead heat for the last wildcard spot in the East, now this is intense.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Once you're in the playoffs, all bets are off!

Poetic and well put.

---------------------------------------

5 teams in a near dead heat for the last wildcard spot in the East, now this is intense.
It is crazy how tight they are. It might actually come down to tiebreakers to get the final spot.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
By comparison, we have only 7 players to hit even just 10 goals on the season; and only 2 of those over 20 :deadhrse:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
By comparison, we have only 7 players to hit even just 10 goals on the season; and only 2 of those over 20 :deadhrse:

Well, they can still pull off a 9-3 win over another struggling team at least.

And kuddos to Slaf with the hatty, what a great season for his age