NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
They've been on a slide for a while... the ones that need to lose are the Islanders :lol:

EDIT: and just realized the the Habs play the Islanders tomorrow night...
When Torts says "get our dignity back", "lost ourselves" and "rock bottom" in the post-game, I think its safe to say we crushed their spirit too.

We also finish the season with a back-to-back vs Detroit.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When Torts says "get our dignity back", "lost ourselves" and "rock bottom" in the post-game, I think its safe to say we crushed their spirit too.

We also finish the season with a back-to-back vs Detroit.

Y'all need to win some games here :rofl: All I can say is GO HABS! :rofl:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
It would be a real shame if someone let Detroit get 4 points in the last 24 hours and sneak in 👀

We're playing well enough of late, we just went through a wave of top team matchups where we hung in there respectably without getting many points. I just hope that Ottawa (72 pts) and Arizona (71 pts) win more than us (72 pts); all three teams have 4 games remaining. At best we would finish with 5th best draft lottery odds, very possible that we drop to 7th, and if by some miracle of misfortune worst case scenario would be 11th.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be a real shame if someone let Detroit get 4 points in the last 24 hours and sneak in 👀

We're playing well enough of late, we just went through a wave of top team matchups where we hung in there respectably without getting many points. I just hope that Ottawa (72 pts) and Arizona (71 pts) win more than us (72 pts); all three teams have 4 games remaining. At best we would finish with 5th best draft lottery odds, very possible that we drop to 7th, and if by some miracle of misfortune worst case scenario would be 11th.

Yeah I don't see the Pens dropping into the top 10 draft picks so I am REALLY hoping they make it in to the playoffs.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If we win tonight against NYI, both games against Detroit and Pittsburgh manages to squeeze into the playoffs, I expect to see you in a Habs jersey on opening night next season!

Pens are working hard tonight to keep Detroit in this game so it might not matter :lol:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Yesterday's outcomes were all quite literally the worst case scenario possible for the Penguins :poop:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday's outcomes were all quite literally the worst case scenario possible for the Penguins :poop:

Yep. We're basically into a Pens need to win 2 and 3 other teams need to lose 1 out of 2 for them to make it in. Oh and they are high enough in the standings that they don't get a first round draft pick.

The only interesting thing is going to be seeing what Dubas does to get rid of some of the underperforming scrubs that are on IR right now. We've got 3 good young D that should be starters so Graves needs traded...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really do not understand the love affair Pens fans are having with Ned... I like him, he's ok but the guy has had a sub-.9 save percentage four games in a row and people are acting like he's an elite goaltender. I do not get it.