NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The scoring race this year is insane

Carter played his last game last night. Sullivan bumped him to the first power play etc etc and the Isles were classy and made him the first star of the game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I'm expecting another first-round exit for Boston. Please prove me wrong.
Since the last time the Leafs beat Boston in a playoff round they have won four Stanley Cups.

Unless Toronto's roster gets real healthy real quick and Boston's gets hit with some sort of slasher movie type event, it's gonna be a short post season for the buds.

Of course it would be Boston. And Matthews wouldn't hit 70 with a 14 game point streak ending in the last two games.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do not get the whole Ned / Jarry love / hate thing when statistically they're pretty much identical and the only difference is Ned got more wins because the team started scoring... and Jarry did something that pissed Sullivan off.

From the way everyone is talking you would think Ned had a .939 save percentage and a sub-2 GAA, but he doesn't :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently the NHL trademarked a few names, only one of which I think is passable but definitely doesn't fit Utah at all:

Utah Hockey Club (taking a page from the Washington Football Team's book I see)
Utah Blizzard (way too close to the Colorado Avalanche)
Utah Venom (does Utah have snakes? Even still, doesnt really standalone very well)

Utah Fury is the one I think actually works decently, short and to the point, but Utah is so full of fucking Mormon's that their fury would be a strongly worded letter slipped underneath the door when I'm not home

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Huh so the Arizon Coyotes are now the Utah something-or-others
That is strange...
I used to live in Arizona years ago. In fact my brother was born there. This year I actually expanded the teams that I follow and the Coyotes were one of them.

These relocations can be both a blessing and a curse. The die hard fans will be devastated, but it will make new fans and expand the NHL to places it's never been and build a new fan base.

If it wasn't for the Northstars moving to Dallas from Minnesota, I would have never started playing hockey. Some of my fondest moments was playing with my buddies all around Texas.

Also me and my family probably would have never followed Hockey either...we were there through the good and bad. Winninthit all in 99 was an amazing experience. Getting to touch the Stanley Cup, read the teams/names and get photos with it is something I'll never forget...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently the NHL trademarked a few names, only one of which I think is passable but definitely doesn't fit Utah at all:

Utah Hockey Club (taking a page from the Washington Football Team's book I see)
Utah Blizzard (way too close to the Colorado Avalanche)
Utah Venom (does Utah have snakes? Even still, doesnt really standalone very well)

Utah Fury is the one I think actually works decently, short and to the point, but Utah is so full of fucking Mormon's that their fury would be a strongly worded letter slipped underneath the door when I'm not home

Utah Yetis has been added to the list it seems, which sounds more like a minor league feeder team, but hey what do I know?

AdamMaz

Reaction score
In light of the mormonism and keeping with the theme of sports teams named after music genres, what about the Utah Swingers?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Just saw this...

The NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs get under way on Saturday, starting with the New York Islanders visiting the Carolina Hurricanes.

The other Eastern Conference series are New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals, Florida Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning and Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Western Conference series are Dallas Stars vs. defending champion Vegas Golden Knights, Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche, Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators and Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
After seeing the schedule, I'm afraid there's a chance that Dallas could be knocked out in the first round...Hope not.

If that happens, I'll be backing Colorado and after that Edmonton.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Poor Papi.
Guy scored four goals in his first game and still lost. To the Senators. He's used to being a Leaf by now.

I'd be down for the chaos of a 1-16 seeding. Or even some stuff like the PWHL were the top seeds get to choose their opponents.

A lot of the rules differences from the PWHL even. Playoffs,Points Structure, "Jailbreak" short handed goals.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
It's shaping up to be a solid post-season, I think. Here's hoping EDM goes deep this year and the Vegas Injured Reserves® crash and burn.

If the Oilers can't make it happen, I'm backing Dallas, then Winnipeg. Wouldn't be opposed to seeing Nashville go deep, either.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Dallas has a horrible record against vegas...just sayin

edit: we desperately need an "eye roll" emoji...