NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has got to be brutal being an Islanders fan.. two blown leads at the end of the third for brutal losses. I almost feel bad for them (no I don't :lol:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Home ice is not what it use to be unfortunately. I fear that is the by-product of the massive player turnovers that have been the trend since the salary cap went flat.

That plus one team being what, $10 million over the cap ceiling :lol:

I still love that even the league admits it is a serious problem but they need to wait for a CBA update to fix it...

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Maybe the the biggest surprise of the playoffs. Didn’t see Dallas going down 2-0. Didn’t think TB would be down 2-0 either, but that Bobrovsky save had other ideas in game 2.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
3 sweeps in the East? Got to imagine Rempe gets a suspension for that hit too.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I've never been less interested in the East as I have this year. Makes me wish I was west coast so I could actually watch some interesting series at a decent hour.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I've never been less interested in the East as I have this year. Makes me wish I was west coast so I could actually watch some interesting series at a decent hour.
Yeah it’s been a snooze fest in the east. The parts of the western games I have seen have been much more entertaining. The Avs scoring 17 goals in 3 games against the best defensive team in the league is pretty wild.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
COL/WIN is the series I would have really wanted to be able to watch more closely, looks like I will get the chance tomorrow afternoon.

I caught some of the VAN/NSH game last night. Even though neither team had 10 shots on goal almost halfway through the game, it was a physical affair that was much more entertaining than just about anything I'd seen in the East.

Although the FLA/TB series has been lobsided, the games have been good.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh I'm not the only B's fan here? That's nice.
I bleed black and gold!, baby!

If they don't start Swayman in net today, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind. Ullmark has enough sample size in the playoffs now that shows he just doesn't have "it". He reminds me of freakin Pukka. Very good in the regular season but barfs all over himself in the playoffs. Just no extra focus and determination to win. I was listening to the radio this week where this apparently is an issue with Scandinavian player attitudes because they treat it like a job. Just do it, and go home to their families. Whereas other players are a win at all costs sort. Lindholm is another dud in the playoffs and guess what. Swedish.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

If they don't start Swayman in net today, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind. Ullmark has enough sample size in the playoffs now that shows he just doesn't have "it". He reminds me of freakin Pukka. Very good in the regular season but barfs all over himself in the playoffs. Just no extra focus and determination to win. I was listening to the radio this week where this apparently is an issue with Scandinavian player attitudes because they treat it like a job. Just do it, and go home to their families. Whereas other players are a win at all costs sort. Lindholm is another dud in the playoffs and guess what. Swedish.

100% with you. I get that Montgomery is trying to be the "players coach" and all that, but this isn't December hockey... ride the hot hand that we know has success this year against the leafs. Gotta play swayman. And I'd sign him longterm too.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Ugh, more Bruins fans...

Habs fan here
fawk.gif

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ugh, more Bruins fans...

Habs fan here
fawk.gif
Bruins/Habs is one of sports all time great rivalries. I look forward to Montreal getting out of the cellar and putting a better team on the ice. You guys have a good draft pick this year to help with that.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Bruins/Habs is one of sports all time great rivalries. I look forward to Montreal getting out of the cellar and putting a better team on the ice. You guys have a good draft pick this year to help with that.
We could be a bubble team next season, but I'd give it two more off-seasons before we start to become much more interesting. I expect we'll have the player contracts in good order, the prospects lined up for turnover and even more refined team culture that will be the foundation for long-term success/consistency, much like you've been privileged to have in Boston. At which point, I'm hoping we'll be back to having a perennial competitive rivalry again 👍

Last edited:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

About a half hour after your comment, Rich Keefe of all people reported it's sway in net tonight.

Also, I loved Bertuzzi during his short stint on the bruins. Now I'm right back to despising the kid.