NjacksoncustomselectD

• Thread starter Possessed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Possessed

Reaction score
Got this baby last week. Put order in last September, so totally about 9 months. But i did change many times the specs, so its still reasonable.

The combination of lightweight mah body, mah neck, EVH pu is awesome :scream::scream:. Lots of low end but at the same time very aggressive and balanced ! I might change other Vs to EVH pu as well! Jumbo SS plays like butter. I should've used it in my previous order:agreed:. And the ebony is pretty dark :cool:

The guitar just plays equally awesome as my masterbuild. So if you are not sure about the quality of custom select, just go for it, you will not regret! :shred: Actually i am planning to place my new order soon, my poor wallet :lol:

Enough talking! Here are the pics!

IMG_20160701_130350_zpss8qpbcho.jpg

IMG_20160701_130415_zpsrd9dpgv1.jpg

IMG_20160701_130425_zpsiokaq4ha.jpg

IMG_20160701_130515_zpsjyrbzli5.jpg

IMG_20160701_130524_zpst8rt3dcx.jpg

IMG_20160701_130539_zpslc1oli01.jpg

IMG_20160701_130619_zpsesboykvk.jpg

IMG_20160701_130722_zpshpfeenpx.jpg

V family!
IMG_20160701_131138_zpsrdefwcin.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korneo

Reaction score
Nice one, congrats !

But, the strings are in the wrong side of the tuners isn't it ? Or you ask for it ?

Possessed

Reaction score
Nice one, congrats !

But, the strings are in the wrong side of the tuners isn't it ? Or you ask for it ?

Yes, i notice it. Its the factory setup. I will change it later on when i restring the guitar

Korneo

Reaction score
It's the factory setup ? Man...
I have a lot of problems with my Masterbuild and I'm not the only one, but this is a real shame ! Even a beginner know it's the wrong side for the strings...

Anyway, if you want to have a clearer, tighter and faster sound, think about some titanium saddles ;-)

Possessed

Reaction score
It's the factory setup ? Man...
I have a lot of problems with my Masterbuild and I'm not the only one, but this is a real shame ! Even a beginner know it's the wrong side for the strings...

Anyway, if you want to have a clearer, tighter and faster sound, think about some titanium saddles ;-)

At least this mistake is redoable :)
What is your issue? I have watched many time your youtube video. Sounds great IMO.

Korneo

Reaction score
At least this mistake is redoable

Hopefuly it is !
What is your issue? I have watched many time your youtube video. Sounds great IMO.

Thank you very much !
I have a big crack on the head, crack on the side near the neck binding, paint in the floyd cavity wasn't applied everywhere (on some spot, I can see the wood), knife of the floyd rose are crooked, bad intonation setup etc...

I really like this guitar but all this things are an heart breaker...

Possessed

Reaction score
Hopefuly it is !

Thank you very much !
I have a big crack on the head, crack on the side near the neck binding, paint in the floyd cavity wasn't applied everywhere (on some spot, I can see the wood), knife of the floyd rose are crooked, bad intonation setup etc...

I really like this guitar but all this things are an heart breaker...

Sorry to hear it. The crack on the head is absolute unacceptable.
As long time jackson player, i do notice that jackson normally has cracks on both sides of the nut. I think recently they dont paint inside the FR cavity anymore. My 30th RR has bare wood inside the cavity. I used to own a cs soloist which has hole in the side of the FR cavity :(

Although i love jackson's sound and design, but i do hope they can improve their craftmanship and the level of attention to detail.

But the truth is, i will never compare the build quality of jackson to company like Mayones, suhr, anderson, EBMM or even ibanez. I think i have been used to it after owning many jacksons... Just ignore the imperfection of the build :ugh:

Korneo

Reaction score
The cavity have paint, but not everywhere, it's strange..

The guitar was sent back to Jackson to repaint it because of the cracks, my ass : They just polish it ><

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]
viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]
viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

And this is the floyd cavity...
viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Possessed

Reaction score
The cavity have paint, but not everywhere, it's strange..

The guitar was sent back to Jackson to repaint it because of the cracks, my ass : They just polish it ><

And this is the floyd cavity...

I cannot image what i will feel after waiting so long for a guitar if i see that :wallbash:. Wss it damaged during the shipment? Is the fitting of the G&G case too loose? But my ex RR 30th fits tightly inside the G&G case....

Similar thing happened before, a masterbuild death angel was also slightly damaged during the shipment. It seems that the G&G case is too tight for the guitar. The owner just didnt want to deal with it so he sold it in a short time.

After that, i dont feel comfortable anymore to use G&G. Even for my masterbuild, i use SKB case and let them put toilet paper to seal the wing gap.

Korneo

Reaction score
I cannot image what i will feel after waiting so long for a guitar if i see that . Wss it damaged during the shipment? Is the fitting of the G&G case too loose? But my ex RR 30th fits tightly inside the G&G case....

Similar thing happened before, a masterbuild death angel was also slightly damaged during the shipment. It seems that the G&G case is too tight for the guitar. The owner just didnt want to deal with it so he sold it in a short time.

After that, i dont feel comfortable anymore to use G&G. Even for my masterbuild, i use SKB case and let them put toilet paper to seal the wing gap.

It's really hard when you see this... Two years of waiting for a damaged guitar give me a bad feeling during many weeks...
The G&G case fit the guitar tightly, no problem with this (I think). But the guitar was already damaged when the shop send me the first pics of the guitar. They send it back to Jackson to a paint it again and fix everything but, 2 month later, the guitar came with the exact same problems...

If you can send me a PM with a pic of your guitar in the G&G case and in the SKB one, it can be really usefull to me =).
The G&G one is damned heavy, I'm sure the SKB one is lighter and give the same amount of protection.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Congrats on this, looks absolutely killer! It's that time of the year for Vs!

xzacx

Reaction score
This is so awesome. The AT headstock always ruins KV2Ts for me. Love this!

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I love the look of silver sparkle on a King V. Just out of curiosity, did you specifically asked for the "Custom Shop" decal to be on the back of the headstock or is this how they are doing it these days?

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Silver is my least fave colour but its a Jackson and its a V and its got sparkle so I love it :cool:
HNGD :yesway:

Possessed

Reaction score
It's really hard when you see this... Two years of waiting for a damaged guitar give me a bad feeling during many weeks...
The G&G case fit the guitar tightly, no problem with this (I think). But the guitar was already damaged when the shop send me the first pics of the guitar. They send it back to Jackson to a paint it again and fix everything but, 2 month later, the guitar came with the exact same problems...

If you can send me a PM with a pic of your guitar in the G&G case and in the SKB one, it can be really usefull to me =).
The G&G one is damned heavy, I'm sure the SKB one is lighter and give the same amount of protection.

I dont have G&G KV case at the moment. I will check whether i have some photos of it with guitar inside or not.
As for the crack, i will definitely ask for partial refund.

Possessed

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I love the look of silver sparkle on a King V. Just out of curiosity, did you specifically asked for the "Custom Shop" decal to be on the back of the headstock or is this how they are doing it these days?

i spec it out. I think it looks too crowded if all the scripts are on one side. My mastetbuild has the same layout

IMG_20150222_131749_zpsd509a80c.jpg

Latest posts