Noiseless Single Coil Neck Suggestions?

• Thread starter Albake21
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScottThunes1960

Reaction score
Last I remember, you could order all single sized Dimarzios with or without the strat/flush baseplate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Check the Lindy Fralin split-blades. Pretty much noiseless (with the appropriate installation) without losing the single coil character that is required.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
lace sensors are all noiseless iirc
I've known about Lace for years, but I've never tried any of their pickups before. I wouldn't really know what to try from them, although they do sell used relatively cheap on Reverb.

Are EMGs an option? Their SA line sounds pretty fucking good, although you'd obviously have to change the bridge pickup as well.

You could send an email to Adam at Elysian Pickups. I'm not sure if he's into noiseless but it's worth a shot. Form factor won't be a problem that's for sure.

I was going to recommend those, but OP's problem is that those don't fit as they have a triangle baseplate.
I'm not really a fan of EMG anymore, although I was considering giving Fishman a try with their single coil in the neck.

Last I remember, you could order all single sized Dimarzios with or without the strat/flush baseplate.
I'll have to do some research on that, if that's true it would really open up my options because I feel like Dimarzio has a couple options that would suit my needs.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Also wanted to add. I sent an email off to Dimarzio about the baseplate and an email off to the Seymour Duncan custom shop asking about getting one of their humbuckers made in a single coil form factor. I noticed they have the Invader available in a single coil style so if I could get something like a Sentient in a single coil size, that would be perfect!

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Just remembered that Kiesel sells some of their singles/single sized humbuckers separately online here: https://www.kieselguitars.com/group/single-coil-twinblade-pickups

I can't speak for how they actually sound, but they have specs listed on the site for each. The baseplates should work in your guitar too :yesway:
Personally never been a fan of Kiesel's pickups. Some good and bad news. Bad news is, the Seymour Duncan custom shop is not accepting any orders right now since they are backed up from closing for a few months. The good news is, Dimarzio does have an option to get any of their single coils in a "no-flange" option. I guess that's what they call it. Now to figure out which one to get... I was thinking maybe the Cruiser, but I'm not sure.

Zhysick

Reaction score
If you want a very stratty tone the Cruiser, if you want very stratty but with more output the Fast Track 1, if you want fatter than a single coil the Chopper...

But it's easy: check some vids, there are tons of them out there and specially if you are thinking about the Cruiser you have half of Timmons discography... Until I saw a video I thought he was using real single coils...

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Some make knock it due to the cheap price, but I have. GFS Neovin 9 that I think does a great job.

Edit: Apologies, just realized that you need one without the flange.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at an SA-X or S-X set for an HSS setup, any insight on either?

The SA is alnico magnet, which would be my choice. The X versions are the supposed equivalents to the 18V mod. David Gilmour's Pulse era tone is the best showcase of an EMG SA you can have.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@Emperoff I run them at 24v anyways, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. Alnico is definitely the way to go for neck single coils, IMO.